Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day with Nonna

On Saturday night and Sunday morning we got to spend Mother's Day with Nonna. Connor gave her the flowers and had a great time playing with all of our old toys that Mom has brought down from the attic. He was very excited to be able to go to the barn in the backyard since the last few times we have been there it has been rainy. Grandy found a cone that we used for a tee and we practiced running the bases. I had told Dad that they start playing tee ball at 3 years old here in Spring Hill so he thought we had better start practicing. I can already see how comical it is going to be to watch a 3 year old try and make it to home! Connor did pretty well. He made it to second and then took a short cut back to home. I was just amazed that he ran at all or didnt run the wrong way. I forgot to mention that I took the pictures with my Mother's Day present, birthday present, Christmas present, etc....I got a new Canon D-SLR XSI thanks to Lacy's recommendation! I have been wanting one of these for some time and Brad had originally given me my gift on Thursday because he knew that I had been talking about the camera a lot and wanted to see if I wanted to take his gift back (which was a GPS running watch) and get the camera for a combined birthday gift. After a lot of consideration, I decided to get the camera only because Brad has one of these watches and I can use his, only I cant track it online which isnt a huge deal for me since I am finished with the 1/2 marathon training. I really want to learn more about photography and plan on taking some classes. I was told by the photographer at Best Buy that I should just watch tutorials online and I could probably pick it up by simply playing with my camera. If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know! This is all new to me.






2 comments:

Betty said...

Just love how his "serious" look about him has not changed since birth!!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Gorgeous! I am so excited for you. Look forward to checking out all the new pictures. You will obsess over playing with it and figuring it out...I promise! :)