Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Braden is a month old!

This past Monday Braden celebrated his 1 month old birthday! Time is going by so fast it seems. He is still a great baby and has had a steady routine since he came home from the hospital. He still sleeps a lot but is definitely becoming more alert. He is still a great eater (every 2-3 hours...whew!) and I think it shows. He looks like he is storing nuts for the winter! LOL! He sleeps after all of his feedings at night which has been a lifesaver. He is sleeping in the bouncy seat on our bed and that has seemed to work very well so far. The Mama in me hasn't wanted to put him in his bed just yet. I think the time is coming though because Brad is tired of sleeping on the couch. Ha! He just cant sleep through all of his grunts and noises. Sometimes he literally wakes him up from all the way upstairs. If you think I am kidding you should hear him. He is so loud. I just don't remember Connor making all of these noises. Everything is going good, but I am still trying to get the hang of having two to take care of. It is so hard to get things done and most days it is like 2 pm before I am out of my pj's. Ha!


2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

I love the header pic!!!

GrannieT said...

Hey, we have to get our Dollywood trip planned soon! We are thinking about the 16th,right? Can't wait! The picture are all so great. Love you all!