Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rocky Top you'll always be HOME SWEET HOME to me!

Last weekend we decided to be brave and take Connor and Braden (who was 3 weeks) to the UT game. It was an early morning...I got up to feed Braden at 3:30, went back to bed for 30 minutes and had to get up at 4:45 to get my shower and we were leaving around 5:30 our time. To think that we had to leave this early and we barely made it for the game festivities! Braden was a trooper and slept almost the entire time in his carrier, but boy was it hot. The weather was actually very pleasant but when you have a little furnace strapped to your chest it can get pretty steamy! We got lots of crazy looks and several oohs and aahs :) Connor was great too and got compliments on how well behaved he was at the game. We had a plan to stay until around half time and we laughed when Connor looked at us with 1:41 to go until half time and said, "I think I am ready to go now." LOL! He did great though and LOVED it! He asked us if we could get him a helmet so he could play football for "Tenn-see". We are working on ordering a full uniform for our little Vol. Let me tell ya how weird it was walking around campus with a three year old and one strapped to my chest. Ha! I really feel old. Connor and Daddy got to watch the Vol Walk while I fed Braden in the car and we all got to see the band walk down (my fav!). I did walk through the Architecture building (where I pretty much lived while I was in school) since we were parked in their parking lot and it looked and even smelled the same. Ha! Brought back many memories, some good some bad. We had a great time and cant wait to visit Rocky Top again very soon!

Waiting to see the band!
We got to see Pete's garbage truck while we were there too! Unfortunately Uncle Pete was not there :(
Look at him just a snoozing!
Trying to pass the time...

It was getting a little hot so I let him air out a bit.

Braden did manage to do a little cheer! Go Vols!
...but mostly this is what he did the entire time.
Connor had been waiting the entire time for...drumroll please...Tennessee popcorn!





2 comments:

Nikki said...

Very Brave! I can't imagine walking those hills right now without a child strapped to my chest! Very impressed! He is sooo cute and y'all had great seats!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Wow! Great pics and video! I bet you were super hot! I did not know you saw the truck. I think it's there about every game but in different places!