Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fun at Nonna's!

Last week Brad had to leave town for three days...SO we packed up the car and headed to Nonna's. I also got a lesson on how hard and time consuming it is to pack for two kids, one of them being a newborn. I felt like we were moving there by the time I was done :) We had a great time while we were there. Mom and Dad had just decided to sell the house, so we looked through some of my old things and found my HS softball uniforms, a cheerleading skirt, Senior scrapbook, cap and gown, diploma, and several of my old hats. Connor took a liking to one of them and insists on wearing it around. Ha! Needless to say I went home with my wedding dress and several other things. We hope they are able to sell their house soon since they will be moving just 15 minutes down the road! Yippee! For those of you who dont know, they are going to build on my grandparents farm. I just know the boys are going to have a blast there someday very soon!
While we were there, we went shopping, I was able to have my first car ride by myself to the post office and enjoy the peace and quiet! The things we take for granted... We also had a little photo shoot one day and I love the pics that I got. Connor is rarely in the mood for pictures but when I mention him taking them with his little brother, he jumps at it! We stayed until Saturday morning so that we would be an hour closer to Knoxville since we were taking the boys to their first UT football game. We fully intended on getting our stuff on our way back into town and going home but we were so pooped we decided to stay another night. I am sure that when we pulled out on Sunday, they were happy to get some peace and quiet themselves! Ha!









Love this one of my Dad and Braden!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Those are great pics! How wonderful it will be to have your mom and dad closer with an added bonus of living on a farm! Mom still tries to send my stuff home with me little by little and they aren't even moving!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Precious pics! Who needs a photographer!