Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, September 10, 2010

He's Here! Welcome to the world baby Braden!

As most of you all know by now...Braden is here! His birthday was no secret as we knew we would be having a scheduled c-section on 8/30. I am so sorry it has taken this long to do a blog post but as some of you know the challenge of two children, plus the recovery from the c-section has delayed me a bit. Lol! So far I have had lots of help from my great husband and Mom!


We started the day by leaving the house at 4:30 am to get to the hospital by 6:00 am to do paperwork, and they took me back to the OR a little after 8 am. This time was so much different than Connor's birth since I knew what to expect. The surgery went well and Braden was born at 8:37 am with a head full of hair and crying as soon as they got his head out. The first thing I heard from Dr. Kyzer was "look at all of that hair", "he is heavy", and "he is a feisty little guy"! He weighed 9 lbs 1 1/2 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. I wasn't surprised as I knew early on he was going to be big baby. I was dragging that last month carrying him. He is very healthy and passed all of his tests with flying colors. He was a little jaundiced in the hospital but not bad enough that they had to keep him and he had to go under the lights. He could almost pass as an identical twin of Connor when he was born! So much that I have been calling him Connor very regularly. I feel so bad but it so weird looking down and feeling like you are reliving your life 3 1/2 years ago. I cant wait to see if he continues to look like him as he grows. He is the sweetest baby and hardly ever cries. He is definitely a grunter and we have been trying to decide if it is too early to put him in his crib because he keeps us awake with all of his grunts and squirmy noises. Just like most newborns he pretty much just sleeps most of the time and eats like a champ. We are going through the diapers...that's for sure. Connor is a great big brother and is such a good helper. I am so glad that we waited for him to be a little older to have another because he can pretty much do everything on his own now which makes it so much easier! He loves to hold him all the time and brings him all kinds of big boy toys. He keeps asking us when he will be big enough to ride in his John Deere Tractor power wheel wagon. Lol!

Braden Taylor Thompson
Born: 8:37 am
9 lbs 1 1/2 oz
20 1/2 inches


Opening his "big brother" present
A new Leapster Explorer and Toy Story 3 game!
Getting his first bath in our room.
All clean...look at that slick hairdo!
Me and Braden (I am still a little swollen...ha!)
Such a proud big brother!
This was Connor's hat that he wore in the hospital. Didnt fit very well. LOL!

All ready to go home!

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Precious!!! Such sweet boy's! We can't wait to see them again!

Kandi said...

Sweet, sweet pics!!! So glad everything went well and you all are a happy family of 4 now!

Tabitha said...

How sweet he is. Congratulations Brad, Tara, and Connor. You have a beautiful baby there!

Nonna said...

Hi you guys! Thanks for posting the pictures of my precious grandchildren. I can't wait to spend next week with them. I miss playing Thomas the Train with Connor and holding Braden. See you guys soon. Love you all!

Betty said...

I just love the pictures of your now family of four...which won't be long before it turns into a "party of four"!! I pray blessings of good health, lots of hugs, kisses, laughter and a spirit of God's neverending love over your beautiful family and home!