Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Life with two boys!

I am slowly but surely getting used to the fact that I have "2" boys to take care of now. It hasn't been as bad as I thought, but that is mostly due to the fact that Braden is a great baby and Connor is such a helpful big brother! Connor is doing great with the changes going on in our house but mostly just wants his brother to grow up fast so that he can play with him. He said to me the other day that he wanted a brother. I was like, "Connor, you have a brother remember?" and he says, "Oh well, I meant a BIG brother." I had to explain to him that HE is the big brother and that he was very special because he was chosen to be the big brother to Braden.
I am doing well and feel fully recovered from the surgery, although I won't go to the doctor until 8 weeks post op. I have already taken both kids out by myself a few times and have managed to be on time which was a major victory! Braden went back to the doctor and he was up to 10 lbs and 1 oz last Monday. Such a big boy! I feel like I completely bypassed the whole newborn stage. LOL!
Here are some pics from the last few weeks.

All the boys in my house...minus our dog Cooper.

Helping give brother a bath.
Braden LOVES bathtime!
and actually likes tummy time!
So strong already!


It was a challenge to get both boys to cooperate for a picture...the best we could do!


6 comments:

GrannieT said...

Well! The pictures are all just wonderful! The family ones are great. Thank you for posting all of them. Where did you get the dog that Braden is lying on? I love it.

Tara said...

The dog was given to us from the Pitts (my Dad's best friend since childhood) to Connor. I never did anything with it with Connor so I decided to take it along to the studio. It did make a good prop!

Kandi said...

Love the pics! So precious!! I am sure you all are going to have so much fun in a house of boys!!

Betty said...

Now...you do know that it really is more like life with 3 boys...Daddy isn't growing up just yet...not with 2 boys to play with!!! Lots of noise, adventures,& mishcief are yet to be discovered and re-discovered!It'll just be more fun stories to share!

Nikki said...

Cute, cute boys and you look great!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

We had a great time! You would love Cali! Every time we have been there the weather is absolutely gorgeous! Perfect weather for a preggo!!!! I am glad I am getting to go now as I can see in my near future, those days will be over!