Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, November 1, 2010

...another Fall Festival!

Last weekend we went to the fall festival at Riverbend nursery, which is right down the road from us. We love it here and have bought all of our trees and most of our plantings from here. They have great prices and are very knowledgeable. We weren't sure exactly what to expect but were blown away by all of the activities they had...and the best part was that it was totally FREE! We didn't pay a dime and they had just as many if not more stuff to do than the other places around that charge admission. I hope they decide to do it next year because we will definitely be there. We didn't get to go on the hayride because Connor had a coughing attack just before we got on and he was ready to go home ;(( We had a great time though and Connor loved it! He wanted to go back the next day but unfortunately it was a one day thing.

Painting his pumpkin
I painted one for Braden who was in the background taking another snooze :)
The hay maze

I couldn't believe that Connor wanted to ride the ponies! He usually stands in line and bails at the last minute. He followed through this time and loved it!




Love this picture!

0 comments: