Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, March 9, 2007

Heartburn=Hair? I am living proof!


My Mom recently brought to my attention that they have proven that there is a link between pregnant women who had lots of heartburn that had babies with lots of hair. I had always read that this was an old wives tale in the books when I was pregnant. Believe me, I checked into it because I had TERRIBLE heartburn when I pregnant. This was a problem I had never experienced before so it was very uncomfortable for me on top of all the other pregnancy symptoms one has. I ate Tums like it was candy and heaven forbid that I ran out while at work. I would have to leave to go to the nearest quik mart and get some! One day I was in a staff meeting at work and I had to leave the room to go to the bathroom because I thought I was going to throw up, it was soo bad! Anyway, I thought it was interesting when I heard that the doctors at the prestigious John Hopkins University actually did a study on this and proved that there is something to this. They were shocked at the discoveries they found. Here are some of the articles I have found and a picture of Connor to prove that the theory was VERY true in my case! I will have to say that I LOVE Connors hair and I guess if I had my choice I would put up with it again to get it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that may be true b/c hayden didn't have much hair and i didn't have much heartburn...hmph

Unknown said...

if that's true, i'm gonna have the missing link!