Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Mothers exercising with babies

In my days before Connor, I used to see programs on TV promoting moms to exercise using their babies as weights. You know what I am talking about, right? Well, I used to make fun of this and think to myself that surely one could find at least 30 minutes to exercise a day even with a baby to care for. Now I am eating my words, as I cannot seem to find time to burn off the rest of this baby weight. Every day I take out my old pair of size 8 jeans and try them on just for kicks. The result is always the same- too tight to go up over my thighs, butt, and the belly flap (as I call it). At first I used to look down at it and think it was kind of sweet because my little Connor used to be in there and I know the skin had to expand to make him big and strong. Now I dont think it is all that sweet anymore! I am sick of it. It doesnt help that 3 days a week I have to actually try to look attractive in clothes to go to work. I have about 5 outfits that I can wear then I have to start the cycle all over again. Anyway, what I was getting at is that I now realize how hard it is to try to fit time in for yourself to exercise. Every week I think "OK, this is the week." and then nothing... Well yesterday as I was trying to fit some time in my busy day to spend with Cooper (our dog) I went outside in my heels from work, while holding Connor in the process and threw frisbee for Cooper. It is his favorite thing to do and it makes me sad that I dont have much time to do it for him anymore. Well I was bending down to pick up the frisbee every time holding Connor and MAN did I get a great workout! Those baby lunges made me very sore the next day! Now I see what all of those workouts were about. Today I might start using Connor as a dumbbell. Ok seriously... maybe not. I am going to attempt to get on the treadmill later on though. Hopefully the weather will be nice again this week and I can go for more walks outside with Cooper and Connor! Hopefully I will get to wear my capri pants soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara! I love you!!! It will happen...you will be able to fit back into those jeans!! It took me six months to wear my normal clothes! I'm amazed by all you do with working and all! You are a beautiful mommy!!! p.s. I am coming soon!!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Girl~ You are doing wonderful with what you have lost. Don't stress about it...it will come off! Great tips about all of the exercises though...I know that I will need them! See you next week! Love-Lacy

Darby said...

Tara, I am sure you look amazing as always! I can't wait to see yall!