Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Idol Critic

Ok, I cant hold it in anymore. WHAT is Sanjaya still doing on the show? I just really dont understand it! I think it is doing a complete injustice to the rest of the people on the show, who actually HAVE talent! I really hope that I am not offending any of you that like him. Obviously somebody does, otherwise he wouldnt still be on the show. Oh well, we are all entitled to our own opinions I guess. I just read this article on MSNBC (see below) and it struck me as quite humorous! I am routing for Blake, Gina, and Melinda (the hometown girl)! I like them all, but I think Melinda is absolutely awesome!!!

Sanjaya Malakar, 17, Federal Way, Wash.: It’s like Malakar knows that he can’t do anything to get voted off the show, and wants to test exactly how far he can press his luck. He picked “Bathwater” by No Doubt, sang with what looked like a dead bird on his head, and was pretty much a mess until the last 10 seconds of the song. “It’s a hard song, and he chose it … so good luck for him,” Stefani said before the performance. But clearly Malakar already has more luck than a gaggle of leprechauns, or he would have been gone weeks ago. Grade: DStay or go? “I don’t think it matters what we say anymore,” Simon said. He’s probably right. But there’s no reason that he should still be around next week if voters make their pick based on performance.

2 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

AMEN...I am so sick of seeing him on there, and once again he was not even in the bottom three last night! Did you hear that the reason why is because there is a website that is encouraging people to vote for the worst. They are trying to mess up the object of the show by getting people to vote for the worst! I bet he feels like an idiot though...don't you think!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh! I didnt know this! I would have to think that he does feel pretty silly! Last night was such a joke!!! Although I wasnt a bit surprised...