Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Connor's 1st Conference Call






Today Daddy had way too much to do and too little time, so Connor was called in to help! Doesn't he just look like a little man? Too bad he didnt have on his buisness suit, he would have really fit the part!

Actually the truth of the events today is kind of a long story... Last night Brad and I decided that Connor needed to go see the doctor because his cold was still not gone and he had developed a terrible cough this weekend. So I got up this morning and called in but couldnt get in to see her until 11:30. Dr. Nania said that Connors throat and chest sounded good, however she said was starting to develop an ear infection and that was the cause of his low grade fever. This caught me by surprise since I was always told that breastfed babies didnt get ear infections. You would have never had known Connor wasnt well because he was his usual happy self! The doctor told me I was lucky to have such a happy, easy going boy. She said that most likely he got it since he has had a cold for a while now. Brad and I have both been sick at one time or another pretty much since Valentines Day! We are so ready to get well!!! However, it is hard to do when you dont get sleep! Anyway, back to my story... I called in to work and told them that I would be taking the day off because I still had to pick up his prescriptions and it was already 12:30. Apparently someone from the Atlanta office had called in that morning asking if someone could go to Franklin, KY to take some pictures of a road project they were pursuing and there wasnt anyone available to go. Well I think you know the rest... At 1:30 I was on the road to go to Kentucky. I was thinking that Connor would probably sleep the whole way since he hadnt had a nap the whole day. He was a trooper! The pictures were taken when we went back to the office to download the pictures to send. Whew, what a crazy day! Definitely not what I expected when I woke up this morning! I am looking forward to a day at home tomorrow to catch up on household chores. Hope everyone had a Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Darby said...

All I can say is BLESS YOUR HEART! I am sorry to hear that it was such a crazy, crazy Monday for you! Driving to Kentucky...insane! I'm glad the doc was able to diagnose Connor! I hope he gets better soon! I love the pictures! He does look like a little business man! Love yall!

Katie said...

Yes, he is a little man. How cute! It's good to see Brad is still getting use out of that TI-85 calculator. :)

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Wow girl you are like SUPERMOM! I am so impressed...hope I can learn to multitask and get all of that accomplished in one day! Connor is precious..I cannot get over how big he is getting!

Courtney said...

Tara, I don't know how you do it all! Connor is so cute I love looking through the pics. He looks so serious with Brad at work! My fav's are the outside and "mini cooper" pics. I hope we're still here when you bring connor up here to his 1st Yankees game I love his little ball cap! I hope Connor feels better! Hope to come visit ya'll soon. Love ya!

Tara said...

Thanks guys! All I have to say is that after you have your first child you just get used to doing 1000 things in one day! I look back at the time "pre Connor" and think what was I thinking that I didnt have any time. One of my friends said something so true the other day. She said, "Once you realize that you are never going to get sleep again, you will be OK." No really, it isnt that bad. You adjust. I dont want to be the cause of anyone deciding NOT to have children... Ha! It is the greatest thing in the world!!!

Anonymous said...

I have shown these pictures to everyone at work and of course they were very impressed. I recognize the calculator! You might be in for an upgrade!
Love Grannie

Anonymous said...

HI YOU TWO!!!!! When I get on my computter the first thing is going to see what new pictures you have added and what you chat about Tara. I cannot wait to see Connor hich should be in June. He is just the cutest little guy I have ever seen. Tell him great grandma is coming soon. I am so excited!!! Thank you Tara for the pictures you send me. I show them off to EVERYONE! love you all, Grandma