Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Connor meets Great-Grandma Hill!







Yesterday Connor's Great Grandma flew in from NY and Connor got to meet her for the very first time! He has been looking forward to this for a long time! She hurt her back and had to have surgery right before Connor was born and this is the first time she has been able to travel the long distance. She is going to be here for two weeks so I will have plenty of pictures to post later, I am sure! Here are some of the first time she got to hold him and of Connor with his first baseball glove and ball (a gift from Great Grandma)! Can you tell we are a baseball family?!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Look how little that glove is :) He has no hope but to be a baseball fan hahah!

Anonymous said...

those are so sweet. I love the little mit. Pam

Tara said...

Thanks guys!

Pam- I am so glad that you finally found us on here! Connor cant wait to see Kaitlynn again soon!

Courtney said...

I hoping that introducing Connor to the Yankees at an early age means that you must come and visit to take him to his first game! We went to the subway series this past weekend and thought of you guys! I love the little mitt!

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun to look at Connor's pictures just to see his expressions. He is such a sweet little guy!

Lydia AKA Hillary's Mom

Tara said...

Thanks Lydia! I loved the July 4th shirt that you sent him! That was so sweet of you! We hope to see you again soon!

Courtney! Hopefully we will be bringing Connor to Yankee Stadium before they tear it down! I told my Dad that you went to the subway series and he was so jealous! I wish they were doing better this year... Bummer! We will definitely have to visit you! Miss you!!!

Darby said...

Too cute! How awesome Connor finally got to meet Great-Grandma! Enjoy the rest of her visit! Love yall!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your grandmother is better and could make the trip to visit. Tell her hello for me. I'm glad there is someone else there to spoil Connor. He is adorable!!Love, Robin

Anonymous said...

People should read this.