Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, June 11, 2007

That's My Boy!

Okay, this is a post by Connor's Dad as I'm now known to all the family. I haven't posted since a few days after Connor was born, but I have to do a post now in order to brag on my little man....

He went to the Doctor today and here are his stats:

Weight: 17 pounds 11 ounces....60th percentile

Height: 27 inches....75th percentile

Head: 45 centimeters......................90th percentile!

Yep, he's got my head, that's my boy!

Based on these stats I'm thinking he might have gotten the best of both worlds (or at least hoping he did), he's tall (75th percentile) like my Dad, average build (60th percentile) like my awesome wife (aka Connor's Mom), smart (90th percentile to accomodate his massive brain, just like his dad), and definitely has the always happy and smiling personality of his Mom. Of course we won't really know all of this for several years, but I can brag for now.

6 comments:

Darby said...

That's awesome! I'm glad to hear Connor is growing so perfectly!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes Brad, you can brag! Connor is quite a good mix of you and Tara. He is a very happy little guy. I can't wait to see him this week sometime. He is definetely yours.
Love you guys, Mom Neal

Anonymous said...

Brad;
You & Tara have every reason to brag! Connor is such a good baby and adorable too.

Lydia AKA Hillary's Mom

Anonymous said...

You forgot to add that he is perfect in every way. And yes, he is a wonderful blend of you,Tara and all of our families. Congratulations to us all!
Love! Grannie

Anonymous said...

hey guys, we are so proud of you all. connor is beautiful and yes he will be super smart like his grannie and great aunt lady....
get used to being just "connor's mom" and "connor's dad"...it doesn't change as he gets older.
love you all
brian, benita and rachel

Jeremy and Lacy said...

That is so great! Brad, you have so many reasons to be so proud of your precious baby boy!