Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fun Spring Days!







Connor and Maddie



The weather has been just great the past few days! Unfortunately, Connor and I have both been battling sinusitis, but a trip to the doctor yesterday did wonders! I am now taking Singulair and am feeling so much better already. The doctor called in some more antibiotics for Connor too, so hopefully it will kick it this time. Our next door neighbors have two girls and they LOVE Connor! Yesterday there was a knock at the door asking if Connor could come out and play. It was so cute! Today we went out this afternoon because Connor was getting stir crazy and so was I. Maddie from next door spotted him and came running over. Next thing I knew I had 5 kids playing basketball in my driveway. I LOVE this neighborhood, there are kids everywhere and everyone plays with everyone elses stuff. Everyone is so laid back and friendly. The girls wanted to go jump on the trampoline and asked if Connor could go. Brad took him over on Sunday and he supposedly loved it. He wasnt too sure about it this time. He did OK, but wasnt too sure about it so I got on. Oh my gosh, I havent been on a trampoline since I was a teenager. It brought back many memories. There is so much protective stuff on them now. How did we keep from killing ourselves when we were younger? I am pretty sure that me and my brother flipped off multiple times without getting hurt. Please pray for the other 2 boys that are in the picture. They live down the street and just lost their mother in January to cervical cancer. Isaac the youngest is 2 and loves to play with Connor. They are such sweet kids.
The above two pictures were taken earlier today when I found Connor in the pantry chowing down on Cheez-its. I must not have closed the door and he somehow got the box off of of the second shelf and was eating away. I quickly found the Benadryl, but nothing happened! Later today Connor enjoyed some Goldfish and didnt break out! I am going to try real cheese for dinner and if that works, maybe some milk. Maybe my prayers have been answered!!!

2 comments:

Kandi said...

It is great to have other kids close by, Keira loves our neighbors too. Thats funny about the trampoline, we have one at the in-laws and I too have thought how did I never break anything falling off these back in my younger days. But I guess I would rather have my child in a "cage", it's different now when it is our kids.

LeeAnn said...

Hi there! it´s funny when you don´t check these for a while and then all the sudden they´ve grown another foot! I cannot believe how big he is. Glad to see everyone doing wonderful! Take care- LeeAnn