Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Recap

Sorry, it has been a while. Brad was out of town most of last week and I left on Friday to visit Carrie and spend the weekend at my parents house for Hillary's shower on Sunday. It was jammed packed but great nonetheless! On Friday, I left in the morning to head up to Carrie's house so we could catch up and the boys could play. It has been too long! Carrie- we had a great time! Thanks for spending the day with us! Since it was a very soggy day, we stayed indoors most of the day and let the boys play, then nap, then we headed out to dinner and went to Barnes and Noble. It was so fun just to hang out and be with someone with another wild and crazy boy. Hayden and Connor are so similar in personalities, or maybe it is just boys in general. I felt so much more relaxed at dinner knowing that there was another toddler at the table making noise and messes other than my child. We found an awesome little Italian eatery and the food was spectacular! We enjoyed some coffee at the bookstore and the boys pretty much determined where we went in there. I have determined that it is definitely not as relaxing to go to a bookstore with a toddler! I went to Mom and Dad's house that night and we spent the night there so that I could prepare the next day for the shower on Sunday. We played on Saturday at Mom and Dads house until Brad came and picked Connor up and took him home for the night. This was my first night away from Connor! It wasnt as bad as I had anticipated. I did miss him dearly, but thankfully he did just fine. On Sunday we held Hillary's shower at Mom's tea room, The English Garden. The weather could not have been more perfect! It was beautiful and the shower was beautiful too! Hillary got so many nice things. The food was terrific, thanks to my Aunt Linda! I got to see a few people that I hadnt seen in a while and it was great to catch up with them. I will post pictures on my next post...

0 comments: