Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

All dressed up and nowhere to go...

So I got up at 4:30 did my run, had my shower, got dressed for work, car packed, etc and when I went in to wake Connor up (the last thing I do in my morning routine) his eyes were caked together. Yuck! I was thinking pink eye for sure since he has had this once before so I was familiar. Called the doc and sure enough they feel pretty sure it is. Funny I was saying to the girls this morning that I wished I didnt have to work today- well I guess I got my wish! Would rather it not be under these circumstances BUT C feels fine, just very contagious so I guess I will count it as a blessing...? Is that wrong?! Ha! Just kidding. Not a blessing for sure, especially when I have to put those painful drops in both eyes of a strong willed 2 year old twice a day! Connor was a little guy the last time and didnt have much strength to get away, so hopefully I can restrain him this time around!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I am impresed...you got a shower in all of that this morning. Geez...I find myself so blessed to get one every other day!

But...back to Connor...we all hope he gets well soon! Everyone asked "where's Connor?" after you left this morning. That's how much we LOVE that boy!

Hope you enjoy the day off and get lots of hugs and kisses in and maybe a NAP!!!

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Poor Connor...I am sure that is not fun for either of you. Hope you feel better little guy!