Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas with the Lux's

I am also late getting this post out... Too many Christmas festivities to have time to post them all at once! On the Saturday after Christmas we got together for our new tradition to have Christmas with my Mom's sister and family. Since they have moved to Tennessee we have been trying to make up for all of the lost time when we didnt get to see each other for holidays. Last year we celebrated at Mom and Dad's house. This year we met at Monell's in Gallatin for dinner and then went over to Aunt Linda and Uncle Ron's house for the rest of the night. We had too much fun! I was excited to finally get to go to the famous Monell's. It is one of those places that Nashville is known for. It has family style dining and if you dont go with a large party of people like we did, then you sit at a large dining table with people that you dont know and, "pass the peas..." as they say. We were at the Gallatin location and not the original Nashville one, but the house was so cozy and inviting. The staff even gave us a tour up the winding spiral staircase to the upstairs and the watch tower. I was too afraid to go up in my heels, but Uncle Ron took Connor up to see the view. The decorations were beautiful, as they were as my Aunt Linda's house as well. We always enjoy going over there to see her pretty house. Connor really enjoyed Ryan's room upstairs playing with his drum set! I told the family not to get any ideas! Despite what Aunt Amanda said we DO enjoy some peace and quiet around here. Ha!
Some of my pictures came out blurry and some were provided by my cousin Ronnie and Uncle Ron. Thanks for taking the family picture- boy were we happy! LOL


Stuffed from the BIG meal!My Aunt Linda, Uncle Ron and cousin RyanMe taking pictures as usual...Grandy and ConnorThank goodness they werent busy that night because Connor had the run of the house!Pictures beside their pretty Christmas tree. Connor was too busy to smile for the camera with Mommy.Sitting with Nonna. a BIG hug from Nonna!
Nonna going up the very tiny spiral staircase.

The guys spent most of the night playing pool in Uncle Ron's cool pool room!
Cousin Ronnie being silly!and here he is... the ROCK STAR! The Whole Family





4 comments:

Betty said...

What a great family gathering!

I love that Connor is Rocking out the night!!! I see a future in that...

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How fun! So great that you can all celebrate together now!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

So great that you can all celebrate together now! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! That looks like a great place to celebrate the holidays!!