Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Blast from my past!

If you are like me, you LOVE to look at old pictures! I saw that Heather's blog and thought I would share some of my own favorites and most of my fellow bloggers are in them so you will probably enjoy them as much as me! *Captions are at the bottom of each picture.

Ballet/Tap Recital
Kellye, Darby, me, and Amanda
For some reason I had my tap recital while the rest of you were in the same ballet recital. I got left out. :(
(Amanda, I think you get the award for the tallest bun! LOL)

New Kids on the Block Concert

Brett (my brother in the left corner), Liz, Kendra, Nikki, Me, and Amanda (Amanda, apparently you werent in the mood for a picture or did you just spot one of the New Kids?!)

Ok, so this is a classic. We camped out all night in Oak Ridge for tickets to.... none other than NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK! Nikki, Amanda and I even had on our Jordan hats!

Halloween Dance at Ridgeview

Darby and I at the Halloween dance in 1990.

Ok, Mom WHY did you let me go out of the house in this costume?!!

Ridgeview playground

Starting at the top left-Renee', Amanda, Carrie, Leslie, Me and Jennifer

I dont know what year this is from or why we decided to take this silly picture. We must have planned this because why else would I have had a camera at recess? CHEESY!

Dogwood Ball

Brad, me, Ryan, Darby, Bradley, Casey, (sorry Amanda not sure what his name was?), Amanda

Group picture before the Dogwood ball where you must wear a pastel dress of any color. I need to remember that ice blue is NOT my color! Ha! Darby, I think this was taken at your house.

Cheer Camp at TN Tech

Miriam, Amy, Casey, Lacy, Darby, Summershea, and me

Us at the dorms at cheer leading camp. What in the world am I doing? Nice pose!

My Junior Prom

Amanda Davis Owings, and I (Jay is in the background)

This picture was taken at dinner after my Junior prom. Nothing funny about this one but I wanted to share with you Amanda. We sure do look young! Ha!

Beach trip for RHS Chorus (Senior Yr)

Nikki, Amanda, and me

The one thing I remember about this picture was how cool it was outside. I remember being cold the whole time but bound and determined to get a tan for prom!!! Ha!

Swimming with the dolphins (chorus beach trip)

Nikki, Liz, me and Allison

On the boatride to see the dolphins. Sorry Nikki you got cut off!

More of swimming with the dolphins

Amanda and me

What I remember about this picture was that we jumped in to swim with the dolphins (which we didnt see much of by the way) and we all had our waterproof cameras so we were taking all kinds of pictures under the water, etc. Nikki I had one of your butt under the water but I decided not to share that one! Ha!


Beach trip (dinner)

Liz, me, Amanda, and Nikki

We were at dinner to listen to a band and I remember this night because it was the first time I tried escargot and the LAST!

Football Pep Rally

Lee Ann, Amanda, and me

Again, nothing funny other than we had sweatpants on under our skirts but no jackets on. Ha!

Graduation Cookout (last day at school)

Amanda, Nikki, Kendra, Liz, and me

Group picture at the cookout. Probably the last group picture we ever had.

Date night at my house

Me and Brad just hanging out at my house. This one was just too funny not to share. Look closely at the ribbon in my hair, curly hairdo, and the large cordless phone!

9 comments:

The Rue Family said...

I love looking at old pics like that. We have been going thru old photos for our reunion next year. All of those are classic! haha

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

These are interesting - I am not going to break out mine though!

The Deakins said...

OMG!!!Those were great! I wasn't around for any of high school here, but sure is fun to sit and laugh at yall!!! just kidding, i had the same hair and bullet bangs as in the nkotb pic.
sent you and brad a baby announcement for molly and it got returned to us. does that mean you didn't get our christmas card either? we didn't get that back though. will you email me your "real" address? my email's wtdeakins@hotmail.com.
Thanks and I"ll try and send it back to you! its such a cute pic hate not to share it with ya, hahaha! bragin on my own baby!

Betty said...

That was toooo fun! You know how MUCH I love pics and those were CLASSIC blast from the pasts!

You...of course haven't changed a bit...still beautiful as ever!!!

Connor will definitely get a kick out of them, too. My girls still ask to look at old photos just to make sure I really wore "those" clothes or "that" hair style!
Oh...the good ol days:)

The Davis Family said...

These are great! You are still just as beautiful as you were then! Thanks for sharing.

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

I love these pictures! So many great memories with you! And, if I recall one of the pictures from that cheer camp had your "mouse face"...just wondering where that is!?! hahaha I am so thankful for your and our amazing friendship! Love yoU!

Nikki said...

I love it! I promise I will do a post soon, just have to find the time to go through some pics! By the way thanks for not posting the underwater butt picture, I owe you. Tell darby I think I have a picute of your Mouse face too but I won't post it since you spared me!!

Wadsworth Family- said...

Oh my goodness! I have tears running down my face right now. Those were the days...Tara I wished we lived closer to each other so our boys could share memories together like we did! Amanda

Casey said...

Love Love all the pictures....so many great memories! I'm with Darby and Nikki on the mouse face, how could you not want to share that:) I think I may have to go through my old pictures and do a post soon! Thanks for sharing!!