Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How is it possible that another year has gone by?!

I still cant believe that it is 2009! This year has been a year of changes for us and has definitely had its ups and downs. Nonetheless, I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family to hold through all of it. We had a quiet New Years Eve at home this year. You know you have reached true adulthood when you are in asleep on the couch at 9:30 and in bed by 10 on New Years Eve! I couldn't even stay awake to watch the ball drop- pretty sad! We got up the next morning and got busy taking down all of our Christmas decorations and boy was I pooped by the end of the day. On Friday we headed to the mall for the first time since before Christmas to see what bargains they had in store for us. Boy, were there ever bargains to be had! Thanks to my wonderful mother in law for giving me money for Christmas- I had some to spend! I got a pair of shoes, a wallet, lots of clothes, some clothes for Connor, and lotion from Bath & Body! It is so fun to not have to shop for anything in particular and just buy whatever suits your fancy. Brad walked away with a few bargains of his own. He still had some shopping to do and Connor was getting a little tuckered out, SO we headed to the van to watch our first movie on the DVD player! We sat in the back together and watched Toy Story (well part of it) and I think I loved it as much as he did! Love that movie. We are LOVING the van so much! I think even a lot more than I thought we would. I am happy to say that there is no going back now. Other than that I have been trying to get my house back to normal. I will have to say I think January is my least favorite month, BUT I love the fresh and new beginnings that come with it! I feel like organizing everything. It would be nice if I had the time. Connor makes sure that I dont have much time for that, but it is a nice thought.

$175 later, our garage door is fixed. Apparently we are supposed to have two springs on our door and only had one, thus not allowing us to manually open the door when the one spring broke. Its so great when 3 days into the new year you have a costly home repair. We just replaced the garage door opener 6 months ago. Happy New Year, right?! I guess that is what home ownership is all about.
Anyway, this post is very boring. Just an update on what we have been doing around here and to say Happy New Year to everyone! I cant wait to see what the new year holds!

We play in the van even when we dont have anywhere to go! Ha!

Who is the cool dude in the glasses?!

8 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Sounds like you are already busy this year. I am so glad you like your van. I think they are just so practical and lets face it Mommyhood is all about being practical! I love that Connor likes to watch the Disney movies. I can't get Ki interested in one for even 5 minutes. She only likes to watch things that have real people in it. Maybe soon she will though. I can't wait til she will sit down and watch Little Mermaid with me! :)

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Van looks good! It sounds SO nice! I am jealous you got to the mall...haven't gotten there yet...would love to...maybe next week :)

Kandi said...

A busy new yr indeed. I know what you mean about wanting to organize and it is just more of a thought than reality. Oh well, our kids are only little for so long. Glad you like the van - I always said I wouldn't go there- I love my SUV, but I know that a van would be more practical.

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

Nice Van, ha ha! Gotta give you all grief. What else is a sister for? That cool dude is my nephew... He is soooo cute! Happy New Year.

The Deakins said...

Tell Pudge he's a geek! just kidding. im just jealous of a new vehicle. my vehicle is from when Johnny drove the four of us off that cliff(not really-enbankment-felt like a cliff right?) so I've got about 160,000 miles already on mine. Anyways, sorry about the repairs, understand, and here's hoping to a wonderful year!

Betty said...

The years just go faster and faster as you get older...So...take time to "stop and smell the roses"! All the other "stuff" will always be there! Take it from an old lady like me...kids grow up fast and you can never get that time back...love, hugs, kisses and time together is what matters most!

Casey said...

I've been meaning to tell you that I love the new van! I'm with Lacy, it's all about being practical! And who doesn't love practical when it comes with a DVD player:) Whitney's post brought back memories, I remember that wreck well!

Owings Family said...

LOVE the new blog header photo! Conner is just too cute!