Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A great weekend with family!

We had got a visit from the whole Thompson family this weekend...An Am and Pete came in on Friday night and Grannie and Pops got here on Saturday morning. After I got home and showered from my run, we decided to take Connor to Chuck E Cheese for lunch since it was raining and there wasnt much else to do. Apparently everyone else in town also thought it was a good idea too because it was a zoo in there! I guess I didnt even think about the fact that it was a Saturday and it was raining to boot! The worst part was that Connor was so overwhelmed with the crowd of people that he didnt want to ride any rides or do anything really. He just kind of walked around looking lost. He did have a good time counting his "coins" though. You know the ones they give you in the cup to play the games with..so funny. Maybe next time we just need to go in and get some coins and leave! When we got home Connor entertained the men while the ladies got to work on Amanda's flower arrangements for her wedding reception. We got several finished and they are going to be beautiful! That night we took An Am and Pete to Loveless Cafe (Grannie and Pops had already left to go home) to eat some comfort food since all we had that day was overpriced pizza from Chuck E's. We got to take the scenic "Natchez Trace" route although it was quite rainy and foggy. I think it made An Am and Pete kind of sick in the back of the van with all of the back roads...Luckily they recovered quickly to eat some of the finest southern food known in Nashville! It is one of those places that Nashville is known for and I totally recommend it if you are ever in the area. We had a great time and I could just kick myself for not taking my camera. Sorry...no pictures. Everyone left on Sunday :( We had a great time seeing everyone. It has been too long since we were all together. Thanks for coming up our way, especially in such crummy weather!

Sorry no pics of Pops...he was missing in action probably trying to escape ALL of the people!

While we were eating, Daddy was busy being the other "little boy" in the family and playing games! This is how he found us.

Shootin' some hoops!For some reason this was the only game Connor wanted to play. The good thing was that you didnt even have to put any money in!

3 comments:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

I know what you mean about the coins. Brock just sat on all of the stuff. I didn't even have to put a coin in :) That probably won't be for much longer, huh?

We need to get out to the Loveless Cafe. We have been wanting to take family from out of town, just have never made the drive out there.

Nikki said...

I warned you about that place...it looks like you guys had a good time though!!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

We had a really good time! Nothing like family...