Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, March 20, 2009

My little man

Our little man isnt so little anymore! He is growing and changing so much every day. Not a whole lot of major changes lately, just saying more, doing more and a little more attitude each day! Ha! He is really very laid back and I know I have so much to be thankful for, for this. He is such a sweetheart and I am so glad that we started teaching him manners early because that has really paid off and now he says, "thank you", "excuse me", "your welcome", and "I'm sorry" and "I love you" without prompting! If there is something that impresses me about some children it is definitely good manners so this has been a matter of importance to me. I want him to show respect to everyone he comes in contact with and this is one way to show it. If he is walking through the room and Cooper is lying in his way, he will say "Oh excuse me Cooper" and walk around him. It is so cute! He will come up to me out of the blue and crawl into my lap, give me a kiss and say "Oh I love you Mommy" or "I love you so much". It just melts my heart. I am sure that it is probably because I tell him I love him about 10 times a day at least. If there is one thing he will never forget, it is how much he is loved! Brad is very good about this also, and I am so thankful for that.

We are so excited to finally get to spend more time outdoors now that it is getting warmer. This is where Connor really comes alive! I suppose it is the same for every child but you just cant get him inside when it is time to come in.

I dont know if I have blogged about it yet, but Connor is now drinking MILK! No more milk and dairy allergies! We are so relieved and I cant tell you how awesome it is not to have to buy that expensive Soy anymore! Now I still trying to get a good idea of how much milk we go through in a week. Just cant seem to get it right. I am one that likes to go to the grocery once every two weeks, but lately that just hasnt been possible. He can now eat the squeezable yogurts and he loves them! I have to cut him off some days because he would keep eating them. His eating habits haven't gotten much better. Still struggling in that department.

He will say some of the funniest things sometimes. One specific thing doesn't come to mind except for this that happened about a month ago. We had a first! Connor did a #2 in the tub. I was putting away towels in the closet just outside the bathroom and I heard him say, "I want it out, Mommy. I want it out!" He was playing with his bath toys so I figured that was what he was talking about and finished what I was doing, turned around, looked and saw! It was kind of under him, so I picked him up and it must have grazed his foot and he FREAKED! Screaming and clinching to me, he was completely scared to death. When I got him out of the tub he looked in and said, "Look Mommy, its a stick. Look Mommy, its Coopers bone!" I about died. I almost dropped him I was laughing so hard. Unfortunately this was the week Brad was traveling so it was just me to share in the humor and fun of cleaning it up.

Connor can now count to 14 and knows all of his shapes, most colors and is starting to remember key words in his books. I will be reading and before I can get out the words he is already saying it from memory. I just wish my memory was half as good as his. He never forgets a thing! They are much smarter than I give them credit for sometimes. Connor continues to bring so much joy to our lives! We cant imagine it without our little Connor man.

Giving Mommy's bunny a kiss!

Cooper, where are you?




This is a little video of Connor from Tuesday night. He was singing along with Jewel who was singing on of my favorites (Somewhere over the rainbow) on Dancing with the Stars. He apparently thought she needed to "bang the drums". Listen... Brad told him that he didnt get his Mama's singing voice. Ha!

1 comments:

GrannieT said...

How could anyone not recognize Somewhere Over the Rainbow in that performance? I was expecting a sweet, timid little voice and I got Bruce Springsteen! This is great. Love, Grannie