Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A visit with Gigi and G Grandma

Sorry... these pictures are also out of order. If anyone has any tips, PLEASE let me know!

Connor trying to imitate Nonna who is making a face at him so he will give us a smile for the camera!
Great Grandma (Neal), Gigi (Hill) and Connor Nonna, Gigi, Me, and Connor
Now there's a CHEESE!


On our way home on Sunday from Rockwood we stopped by Nonna's house to see Gigi (who is visiting from NY for the next two weeks). We got to see her last week, but are trying to get in all of the time we can since she is only here for a short time and it will be a while until we see her again. It was also a bonus since Grandma was there as well. We had a good Sunday afternoon eating chili and enjoying each others company. The weather was pretty crummy so we needless to say we stayed inside. I dont know if I ever mentioned that my parents keep "everything"! I am not joking about this. Dad asked me to come up to the attic when I got there and we would dig out my old tricycle, Brett's tractor, and three wheeler. SO when you see the three wheeler Power Wheel from 1980, you will understand why! It is still in good condition and Dad plans on getting a new battery for it so Connor can really ride it. My tricycle was in pretty good shape as well, just a little squeaky. We brought it home and Connor is loving it! His legs are still a little too short but it wont be long until he is a pro. After showing him a few times I think he understands the concept of peddling so now we just need him to get a little taller!

0 comments: