Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, March 20, 2009

A night out with the souled out sistas!

Every third Thursday the girls from my class at church get together and have a time of fellowship. This was only my second time joining them, I missed last month. Usually they get together at one of the girls houses but this time Rebecca was in charge! She is the one in the picture with the burgundy sweater on AND she is also the one in my running group who made us wear that ridiculous Valentines Day garb a last month. She never ceases to amaze me with her creativity! She decided that we needed to have a scavenger hunt at all of the local businesses in Spring Hill. We met at Target and split into three groups and got our instructions. We got a list of hints for our locations and then we had corresponding index cards that gave us our mission while we were there.

1. Location: For our first adventure, go to "Marabeth's Hot Spot" where all your stresses will be rubbed away and you can get a new look. hint hint Natural Oasis
TASK: One girl volunteers to get pampered. Snap a picture. What this really meant was that one girl got (half) of her face made over with drawn on cat brows, tons of blush, and lots of lipstick (which was me) and the other girls got mustaches drawn on their faces. Obviously the staff was in on it. As soon as we ran in they were ready to work!
2. Location: There's one on every corner and you'll pay way too much for a "Cafe Con Leche". hint hint Starbucks
TASK: In a thick Southern accent, ask the coffee man, "Whats in a Mocha Frappachino?" Bring back one coffee bean. We had a little set back here because the guy behind the counter said the last group paid him $20 not to tell us. We were like please we dont have time for this.. just give us the info so we can go!

3. Location: Any local Petrol Station. hint hint gas station of choice TASK: Help a poor soul pump their fuel, wash their windows, and scrape the gunk off their car. Get a picture. This guy was so hilarious and we are thinking that he was on the FBI most wanted list because he insisted that we NOT get his picture. His wife sat in the car and just laughed as we washed her windows.

4. Location: Where the sweet lady sings " I smell something good!" hint hint Publix TASK: Assist a grocery shopper with all the items on their food list. Bring back list if possible. Snap another picture. The shopper we found could hardly speak english, but was such a trooper!

5. Location: Relive your younger years and have fun monkeying around. hint hint City park TASK: Play a game of hopscotch and outline each others bodies with chalk. Take pictures.

6. Location: Ronald's Playhouse hint hint McDonalds TASK: Jump in the ball pit and someone to take your picture.

7. Location: Where you can pick up Kibble-N-Bits hint hint any local grocery store Task: Open Envelope. Hand cashier picture (picture of 1/2 tiger 1/2 lion) Ask if they have any LIGER food. Snap a picture.

8. Location: Close but no cigar, shoot for the bull's eye. hint hint Target TASK: Go to guest services. Tell them you lost your sister in the laxative aisle. Have her paged: Sussanah Jean Laurie Mabel Bodufess Jr. We were also supposed to find a celebrity look a like around town but forgot until we were almost done. So I looked behind the counter and pointed, "Look its Cuba Gooding Jr." And he did actually look like him too. I think I totally made his day. We had to get his autograph and take another picture. So funny!

9. Location: Hope you've enjoyed "My fun"!! Last stop, head to where the fried green maters are always on the menu! (I used to work there.) hint hint Jeffreys Grille This is where our journey ended. Unfortunately we finished last. Blah! I dont like to lose. However, we took our missions very seriously and I have suspicions that a few select others cheated! Ha!

This was honestly a lot more fun than I thought it would be. To see peoples reactions to our faces, our questions, and tasks was so hilarious! One particular moment while we were in the McDonalds play area was the best. We all climbed into the slide and a lady walked up and said, "Son, Mommy needs you to get down RIGHT NOW!" It was so hilarious! I guess she thought we were a bunch of lunatics that escaped out of the nut house!

We were missing at least 1/4 of our girls but it was still a blast. Notice all of the mustaches!

This was one of the only pictures that I took. One of the other girls in my group took all of the rest and I wish I had them because I was the one in most of them. I am sure they were a hoot. It looks like Ashley is dead, but we had just finished drawing her body with the chalk!

1 comments:

Big Nanny said...

I was in Starbucks having coffee with some friends when I spotted a group of crazy women on a scavenger hunt mission. I knew immediately that it was a ss class from our church!