Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Soon we will be hearing wedding bells!

These pictures are not in good order. The only thing I can figure out is that I downloaded the new version of Internet Explorer today and now I cant move things around in blogger. What a pain! Sorry, but I will try to explain what each of these are from.
On Saturday we celebrated the upcoming marriage of Amanda and Pete with a family shower at Grannie and Pops house. It was supposed to be a washout of a day, but ended up being pretty pleasant outside. We had planned to have a cookout and changed our plans because it was supposed to be stormy to soups/chili. It was great to get to see everyone, however there were many that were not able to be there and you were surely missed! It was also great to meet Pete's mom and dad who drove in from PA to come! Amanda and Pete got so many great things and as a result Grannie and I are hoping to get some great things too! LOL (a little inside joke) Ok I will explain...Amanda was telling me that she registered for new pots and pans because she simply didnt like the ones she had, so I told her that I wanted her old ones. SO, guess what we bought her? Her complete set of pots and pans! Also, Doris told her not to get rid of any of her colanders, etc..that she could really use them. Well, you guessed it. Doris got her new collapsible colander from B,B & B. We couldnt stop laughing! I thought it was actually pretty clever myself.

It was so great to get to see all of the kids together and a new addition- Miss Jacalyn Thompson! This is Kaitlyn's sister and yet another girl cousin for Mr. Connor. I tell you what, he is in trouble! The only boy so far, and it sounds like the pressure is on for me or An Am to give the Thompson family another boy. I sure hope so for his sake. LOL

Connor and Kaitlyn played so well that day. It was so sweet to see them having so much fun with each other! Funny story...I was giving C his bath that night and Kaitlyn really wanted to take one with him SO I gave them both a bath together. Sorry, I chose not to include these pics because well you know, but it was pretty cute! I also had my first experience giving 2 toddlers a bath. Whew!


The happy couple...Future Mr. and Mrs. Reckard!

Aww...how sweet!



Benita tying on Amanda's apron that we stuffed full of utensils for the game. Everyone had 15 seconds to see what she had in her apron and then had to list all of them.


All of the Thompson kiddos...minus the extra cute one (first one on the left). All girls and the one boy..poor Connor. He was so mad at Paisley (last one on right) for grabbing his arms. He kept pushing her off. It was hilarious!

Pete was very excited about his new tools!





Alicia and Miss Paisley

Brad was very eager to hold Miss Jacalyn. I think he really wants a new baby...Ha!



Ok, the day started off with Connor being totally obsessed with Pete's tractor that is being kept at Pops house right now. He loved riding around on it and wanted to go out and sit on it ALL DAY!

I love this picture with the beautiful cherry tree! My two farm boys!

0 comments: