Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Fall Days

Daddy's new flag!! He is so proud!




Watching the game! They look pretty concerned about something...

Today was a beautiful (not to mention hot!) fall day. We spent most of it doing housework, yardwork, and going to the Spring Hill Annual Country Ham Fall Festival. Connor enjoyed himself at the festival. He liked the petting zoo, but mostly just liked watching all of the people! He is going to be a social butterfly, he makes many friends wherever he goes! Mosty lady friends... Ha Ha!

Also we officially closed on our other house on Friday! Yahoo! Now we can sleep much easier at night knowing that we dont have two houses. It was a little sad, but I think it made it much easier because we have already settled down in our new house. We LOVE it here!! The neighbors have been great and are very welcoming! We will be SOO glad to get our fence built this week because Cooper is driving us crazy barking in the house at all of the kids in the neighborhood. It is so great to see all of the kids running around. One morning Cooper was barking up a storm, so I got up and looked out the window and our next door neighbor is a bus stop and there were like 20 kids out there lined up. It was so cute! We asked the neighbor and she said that the bulk of the kids live in our end of the subdivision and and the bus only makes 6 stops in the whole neighborhood. That isnt very many considering how many kids there are and we are in the largest subdivision in our town.

We still have a little ways to go getting the house set up. Pretty much the downstairs is done, but we havent even touched the bonus room, guest room, and office. An Am (Aunt Amanda) is coming to visit next weekend so that will be good motivation.

I hope you all are well and enjoying the beginning of this beautiful season! Hopefully it will continue to get a little cooler everyday. Today definitely didnt feel like October, but I guess thats fall in Tennessee. You never know what you are going to get... Happy Fall!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Man was the weather so nice in TN... I could not believe how hot it was at the game! Love that new flag :)

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Yall look so precious in your orange! Go VOLS!

Darby said...

Praise the Lord that everything worked out so perfectly on your houoses! I can't wait to come see your new one! I love all the new fall pictures! Yall look so great!