Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, October 6, 2007

How do I get myself in these sticky situations?


Connor was pure joy tonight! He hammed it up all night and had us cracking up. Sometimes I wonder what he can possibly be so happy about. He just sat there and played with his toys and would let out a cackle ever once in a while out of nowhere. It was so funny!
I am also so excited that today Connor said his "first word"! He said, "ma- ma"!!! Now I have been diligent about repeating this over and over since he was at least 5 months old. I guess all of that paid off today! I was saying this as I normally do at his lunch time feeding and he said it back. I didnt that much of it, but then he said it again. Then tonight, I kept saying it and he must have repeated it at least 5 times! Sorry, I dont have any videos for you to see. We love our camera, however one of the things that I really dont like is that it doesn't record sound which makes it pretty much pointless. We did manage to get it on our video camera though! Also, Connor now has a whopping 3 teeth! He got his top 2 front teeth last week! I guess they will start popping in pretty quick now. Needless to say, we are so thrilled these milestones are starting to happen since we have been concerned. Connor will be 10 months old in a couple of weeks and I almost cant even believe it! That means, he is only 2 months away from his birthday and Christmas is almost here!!! What fun December will be! We cant wait!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love the ORANGE!!! Connor is so cute! He is growing up so fast! I can't wait to see the new place! Love you!!!

Lindsey said...

that is typical boy right there :)

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How exciting! That is so great that he said mama first..HA!

Darby said...

It is killing me that he is getting big sooooo fast! I must see yall soon! Love yall!

Wadsworth Family- said...

Lake still won't say momma,I'm jealous! Amanda