Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Good ole' Rocky Top







Last Saturday we got to go "home sweet home" to our alma mater. Amanda and Pete got us tickets to go with them and we were so excited since we didnt get to go to a game last year. It seems like so much has changed since the last 5 years that I was a student there (including our football team)! The game wasn't pretty, however we still WON and that is the most important thing of course. We had so much fun going tailgating with Pete and his work crew, Waste Connections. As you see in the pictures they had the coolest set up I have ever seen! An actual garbage truck that had been converted to the ultimate tailgating machine! It was equipped with a plasma screen TV in the side and speakers. Then on the back where the trash would have been dumped there was a ledge where the food was placed. Sounds kinda weird being described this way it obviously very clean. Pete's boss told us they spent $30,000 to get it up to par! They won Tailgater of the Game last week. It was awesome! We had such a great time and it was good to be able to do something as a couple again. It has been awhile, actually we have only been apart for Connor for a couple of hours at a time since he has been born. Thanks Grannie and Pops for watching Connor for us to be able to go and see UT play again. GO VOLS! (They are gonna need all the help they can get!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much we loved having Connor with us. He is such a wonderful baby! We'll take him any time you want to do something. I told Brad today that Pops and I need to find jobs in middle TN so that we can be closer. Ha! Love you all! Grannie & Pops

Anonymous said...

By the way, you look just like you did when you were a student at UT! Grannie

Tabitha said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I've never been to a UT game before. Might have to try that ....