Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Neal Annual Bonfire/Hayride




I am so tired!!!
Peek a boo!
Pawpaw, Connor, and Grandy (Neal's) Connor just loves animals! This little pup was the only thing that would put a smile on his face!I just love this picture! Thanks Dad for helping to keep Connor happy! Me and my GrandyConnor really liked playing on the hay bales. This was his scarecrow costume for the night.


Last night we went to the Neal family weiner roast. It was lots of fun to see family and people who I live amongst but dont know that well. It is really strange to be living here, where my grandparents grew up. If you had told me that I would be living here 10 years ago, I would have told you that you were crazy! You see the town I live in now, (I wont name it on here because you never know what weirdos are out there) used to be a small, small quiet farm town with nothing besides a few banks and a farmers CO-OP. I have many great memories riding in my Pawpaws truck riding to the CO-OP to get some supplies before going to the farm. He would usually stop and get me an Orange Crush and anything else I desired and we would be off. The farm I am speaking of was only a few short miles from the house we just moved from. The farm was sold last year and is being developed as we speak. Yes, it is sad to see... The barns that I grew up playing in and slept in when I was just a baby will soon be bulldozed to the ground as they make way for progress. Our town is now one of the fastest growing in the country and is growing by leaps and bounds everyday. It is hard for me to say anything negative towards this since I am the very reason that all of this building is going on. I moved here because of all of the growth and opportunity like the rest of the people here and fell in love with the small town feel, since that is how I grew up. It also felt like home in a sense, because of the farm and my ties to the town. Sorry I will get back to the bonfire now. I just wanted to give you a little background.
Brad and I went to the Neal reunion in May of 2006 when I was pregnant, but havent seen anyone since Connor was born. It was great to take him to meet some of his Mommy's kin folk. We had a great time but as you can tell by the pictures, Connor wasnt in the greatest mood. He had a long day and hadnt had his normal nap routine that day. Early that morning we went to see Hillary in her wedding dress and I got fitted for my bridesmaid dress. It goes without saying Hillary was beautiful in her dress! Brett is very very lucky! Connor just stared and stared at her. It was so sweet! I got an extra push to lose some weight when they measured me for my dress! WOW! I hadnt realized how bad it had gotten. I told them they could order me whatever size they wanted but they WOULD be taking it in a lot by the time it gets here! Needless to say tomorrow starts my diet!!!
Unfortunately we didnt get to go on the hayride because they left pretty late and from what Dad and Brett told me from last year, it can be a pretty long excursion. They take marshmallows and have a marshmallow fight on the ride. I didnt think that this sounded like too much fun with a tired baby. There were some guys (Neals of course but I dont know who they actually were) playing bluegrass and Connor was absolutely mesmerized by it! As you can tell, a great time was had by all!

6 comments:

Brett&Hillary said...

Thank you Tara!! I am getting very excited now, all seems to be coming together. I love your dress, that makes it even more exciting, you guys are going to look so beautiful!!! I was so nervous until I saw the dress on you and it really calimed me down....

Connor did so good at the bonfire, especially will he enjoyed the music! He is just soooooo adorable, I love him so much!!!

Anonymous said...

i love fall!!! it is so fun to go to bonfires, hayrides, etc! looks like you all had a great time!

Nikki said...

That sounds like a really good time. I couldn't tell you the last time I went to a family reunion, I'm not sure anyone even has them on either side. Most of us avoid each other. Anyway, you look great in all of the pictures and I am sure you will look great in the wedding. Connor looks so cute bundled up and I love the one of him and your dad too!

Summershea said...

Tara,

It sounds like you had an awesome start to the fall season. It truly is a blessing that you have such as close family to share those wonderful memories with. I certainly want to see pictures of the wedding because I know that you will look as great as always. Be sure to tell Brett and Hillary congrats and best wishes.

Summershea

Wadsworth Family- said...

I'm jealous; you get to wear sweaters and coats! I miss Tennessee weather so much. Amanda

Courtney said...

What fun! Connor looks adorable all bundled up. It sounds as if you've had a rough go of things over the pass few weeks. Just glad to hear that everyone is okay. Miss ya!