Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Do a favor for your feet

I just finished running on the treadmill and I had to take a minute before showering to tell you how much I love my new running shoes. I am sure a lot of you have heard of this place, but in case you havent Fleet Feet is the best place to buy your shoes if you are a runner, walker, or even if you just want the best shoe for you feet. They will watch you walk and run and will determine what shoes are best for you. They gave me several options so I could have a little bit of choice in the look of them. My new Brooks shoes are the most comfortable ones yet and I love to wear them all the time, even though Brad says they are my running shoes and I should only run in them. I found out that I have been doing a great injustice to my feet by wearing some of the worst shoes made- Nike Shox. I have always thought these were so cool looking, but in reality that was all they were. They arent even comfortable now that I put them back on. What was I thinking? Fleet Feet is located in Brentwood and I think there is one in Knoxville too. If you are due for some new shoes, I would strongly suggest checking them out! You will never buy anywhere else!

3 comments:

The Davis Family said...

I've heard a few people talk about Fleet Feet. I am always on the look-out for the best running shoes. I might have an excuse now to check out the store!

Anonymous said...

This is where we went when Ronnie's foot finally healed and the Dr. said to get some real good shoes that would protect his foot. He has Brooks also and says they are really comfortable. Grannie

Casey said...

I'm glad you found running shoes you love, I know it can be super hard!! I have the same problem though, when I find good running shoes I want to wear them all the time. I also have a great husband that likes to lecture me about that:)