Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Reasons I am longing for spring!

As I was driving home from work yesterday in the pouring rain, I thought to myself how it was one of the most depressing days. The sky was grey, the roads were lined with bare trees with no greenery in sight. All I could see in front of me were the two red dots that were rear car lights. As I was driving I started thinking about the things in my mind that make me yearn for spring!

1) Warmth!!!

2) The beautiful color of green returns!

3) Planting flowers and new landscaping

4) Feeling inspired to freshen up the house decor

5) Taking Connor and Cooper to play outside

6) Enjoying the playground and swimming pool in our new subdivision

7) Events and trips- I am looking forward to going to Vegas in April, Brett and Hillary's wedding in May, and a trip to Saint Martin next September.

8) Earning my black belt!

9) Giving our front door and shutters a facelift by giving them a new color and fresh coat of paint.

10) Shopping for some new spring clothes for all of us!

11) My grandmothers visit in March!

12) Watching Connor continue to learn more and more every day!

That is about all I can think about right now, but I am sure there are more! What are some of your favorite things about Spring?

1 comments:

Darby said...

I am so ready for Spring too...I was happy to hear that 2 of the 3 groundhogs said that there would be an early Spring!!! Stan and I were doing errands today after running at the church and we actually rolled down the car windows a bit! It was so nice and sunny! I long for warm weather!!!