Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Snow day, terrible "ones", girl scout cookies, and projects for the weekend

This week seemed a little odd to me... I am not sure what I mean by that, it just didnt follow the normal routine is all. On Sunday night, Connor was up every hour crying out in his sleep. It was a different cry and sounded like he wasnt feeling well. Since I didnt sleep at all and I wasnt sure if he was getting something (the flu is running rampant in Middle TN) I decided to switch my work days and stay home on Monday. We were all getting over colds in our house so I wanted to make sure it wasnt developing into something else. Connor ended up being fine and we had a good day at home, at the grocery, and running other errands.

Tuesday was a snow day. It started with ice and sleet before we went to bed and started snowing when we woke up. I had my alarm set for work and decided to turn on the news before heading to the shower. They were alarming people about the roads so I decided to use some caution and go in late. It was a good thing because Connor didnt wake up until 9 am and I had to do some shaking to get him to budge! Tuesday night Brad went to Taekwondo! I had to some persuading and he finally decided to go back. I only got to go to class on Monday due to a family emergency, they had to shut down the school until Monday.

Wednesday was normal in the sense that we went to work and everything. We set out to go dinner to Spring Hill's new Cracker Barrell. We didnt plan on doing anything for Valentines Day, but decided that we would celebrate a day early there. Nothing says "I Love You" more than a plate of biscuits and chicken and dumplins! Ha! They have only been open for a week or so and I think they have a few kinks to work out before we will be returning! The special was chicken and dumplins or "dumplings" as all of the waitresses pronounced it. They were all from up North, so Brad decided to give them a lesson on how you really pronounce it! I am not sure they appreciated "the lesson". It was so funny! It was all in good fun though. Connor was a little rascal that night. He has officially hit the "picky" eater stage. It makes it extra hard because along with the allergies, I have to do a guessing game as to what he wants that night. He didnt want anything that I had packed for him, so he pretty much whined the whole time. I cut up my green beans for him and he started lining them up on the ledge beside the table in perfect order. It was hilarious! He is really starting to change a lot. Another topic- can a child enter into the "terrible twos" a whole year early? Connor has really started to rebel and try to test me! I have tried a few different ways of disciplining him but nothing really seems to work. I know that most of this is normal, I just dont want it to get too out of control. Brad says that we are going to be on SuperNanny one day and I am determined for this NOT to happen!!! Anyway, back to Wednesday night... We decided that it was probably the most unromantic "Valentines dinner" yet! Ha! I forgot to mention that our dumplings were so watery that our vegetables started drowning and ended up in the middle of the plate. Yuck!

Thursday, went to work and girl scout cookies came in! Normally I would have been thrilled, but I had just started my Slim Fast diet on Monday so this was NOT what I needed to tempt me to get off track. (Yes, I know I already got off track the night before...) Which leads me to a question. What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie? It is a tie for me between thin mints and samoa's! Brad's favs are the tagalongs! They are all so good!! I think I will be putting most of them up in the freezer for now! Brad and I thought we might try and have a Valentines lunch (one of the perks to working together is that we can have a peaceful lunch together) I was craving PF Changs, but they were packed so we decided to try Macaroni Grill. Packed too! We drove around for 30 minutes and everything was so crowded that we found a small Japenese place. The food was GOOD and I was officially stuffed! I would have to do Slim Fast for another meal! When we got home we exchanged our gifts. We had a small budget allotted for this year, but it was still exciting to see what we had come up with for a small amount of money. I got Brad another Camelbak water bottle because he loved the one I got him for his birthday so much! It had some coupons from me like: No work at home day, Remote Control for one night, Servant for a day, etc... I also got him some new umpiring socks (this will be starting soon), some fudge brownies with icing (his favorite) and some cheesecake bites (another fav)! He got me a table to put between the rocking chairs for the front porch! I have been wanting one of these for a while! For dinner I picked up a rotisserie chicken and sides from Publix. It was very yummy! We caught up on our Tivo later that night!

Friday, Connor and I played that morning and did some cleaning. Connor took a 3 1/2 hour nap, so Brad and I mapped out some projects that we wanted to complete this weekend. We decided to repaint the rocking chairs, hang blinds in the living room and dining room and pick paint colors for the house. We scrubbed the chairs and went to get the paint for them and blinds, when Connor awoke from his nap. We hung two blinds and discovered that they didnt cut one of them, so we stopped since we have to go back today and get it cut. We spent the night at home and I got a great surprise that night! I was watching a concert for Celine Dion on TV and a commercial came on saying that tickets went on sale today for her concert here in Nashville in 2009. It was only wishful thinking, but I told Brad that I would LOVE to go! She is so incredible and I have always wanted to see her sing Live in person! About 20 minutes went by and Brad left the room with the computer and I didnt think much about it. I guess he couldnt keep a secret because when he came back he put the computer in my lap and said "Look!" It was the receipt from where he had bought us tickets to go and see her in January 2009!!! I was so EXCITED! I didnt think there was a chance that we would be able to go because they would be too expensive. They werent cheap, but not as bad as I would have thought. Now it is a year away, I dont know if I can wait this long!!!! I will be counting it down! Dont I just have the best husband ever!?

This weekend we are going to finish our chores and head up to Lebanon on Sunday to see my parents and hopefully Brett and Hillary! Hopefully I will take some pictures soon, I have been slacking lately! Sorry!

Happy Belated Valentines Day and have a great weekend everyone! Sorry for the L O N G post!

6 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Wow! You have had one busy week! Woohoo on the girl scout cookies. I am back on my diet too, so thankfully no one asked me to buy any this year!

carriehayes said...

i loved all of this post!! our new cracker barrel opens up in march! we are sooo excited! we will give them a few months to get their "dumplins" right! i love frozen thin mints!! and i cannot believe you are going to see Celine!!! I LOVE her! I may try that hint trick on Jason! :) love you!

Meredith said...

My favorite is thin mints! so yummy!! And you have such a wonderful husband to go to celin dion with you!! That special was so awesome!!

Ashley said...

My mom and I are going to Celine here in Atlanta. We bought our tickets back in November. We love her! That was very sweet of him!

The Davis Family said...

Love Celine! Watched the special and am dying for her new CD. I heard she was coming to Nashville and I am now offically jealous of you :)

Brett&Hillary said...

What a busy week.... Somas's are my FAV!!!! I really could sit and eat a whole bag, so I have to put them out of sight. It was great seeing you guys on Sunday, I love spending time with ya'll!!!