Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

An eventful week

What a week it has been. I feel like this week has been a whirlwind of events of some good things and some very bad. From the tornados that ravaged our state on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, to the presidential primaries, to the horrible things I heard on the news today. I guess the only good things that come to mind were that there were no fatalities at Union University from the twisters, the "miracle baby" that survived being thrown 100 yards from his home in Castalian Springs from the tornado, and my guy is still in the race for the presidency. I know there are more miracilous stories of people that survived the storm, actually I just got off of the phone with my Mom that said my Dad had been cleaning up the rubble from a mans house that works for him. His wife and kids heard the storm coming and took cover in the crawl space of the house. The tornado took the house right off of the foundation. The family is OK; another miracle! I am listening to the news as we speak and the death toll is still rising in Macon County and there are still others missing. My heart and prayers go out to the families that have been affected by this horrible natural disaster. I keep thinking that at the time the storms were coming in was the least scared I have been since we have lived in M.Tenn. It turns out that this was the deadliest round of tornados in the nation since '85. The tornados were all around us, but it didnt get really bad until about 2 in the morning. Needless to say I didnt sleep a wink. The weather radio went off constantly which made it hard to do anything but think about the storms that were near. We didnt have to take cover, which was good because I really didnt want to have to wake Connor up. He wouldnt have been a happy camper! I cant believe how many storms we have had already and it is just February! I am going to pray that we dont have a bad spring! I dont want to have to replace another roof this year.
On a lighter note, look at this miraculous story of the "miracle baby" if you havent heard about it already. His mother died, but it was by God's grace that he was saved!
Hopefully this coming week will be better and brighter!

1 comments:

Brett&Hillary said...

That was a horrible night... You know Trousdale and Macon CO. are not far from our house and to our dismay nothing but winds and some rain at our house. So close… We could see the glow from the fire of the gas plant that exploded at our house, so surreal. Those are great miracles that really help uplift sprits during this sad time. There are so many stories; my mom has friends at her work that were affected and it is just so sad.

I will help you in prays’ that we do not have another bad spring…