Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Almost finished!

We got a little closer this weekend to completing the deck project. My Dad was nice enough to come back over on Saturday to help Brad with the rest of the deck joists and then the deck boards. Funny story- he called us this week to ask if we had worked on it at all. I told him that Brad had been gone traveling so we hadnt done anything. He said he had planned on coming back to help us on Saturday. He seemed very insistent even though I told him that we understood if he had other things to do. Brad and I decided that he just didnt want us to screw up all of the work he had done! Ha! Dad- Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now all that is left is the railing, which we plan on doing this week and coming weekend. SO, if anyone knows of any good outdoor furniture on clearance- let me know! Connor is so excited to have a place to play with his trucks and Cooper is just glad to be able to come to the patio door again so we can let him in. Here are some pics of the progress...




4 comments:

Betty said...

Surely...with the summer season over there are great deals on patio furniture! And when you do finally get some...let us Apples know what time dinner is! Hee! Hee! or more like Hint!Hint!
The deck looks awesome! How wonderful to have family wanting to help and lend a hand! You guys are truly loved and blessed!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

WOW! It looks so great! You will enjoy it so much with this great weather too. Darla and Rick just bought new patio furniture at Home Depot and it is GORGEOUS and I think they got it for a great deal! Can't wait to see the final pictures!

Ashley said...

Wow, it's going to look great...so much more room!

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

Your deck looks absolutely amazing!!! We got some patio furniture at Target for a great price! I also highly recommend checking out Overstock! I can't wait to see it in person! Great picture of you and sweet Connor!