Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Another great weekend!


Connor and the birthday girl Emma. We tried to get Connor to look, but the pizza was way to good!
In line to hit the pinata. You will see in a minute but Connor didnt stick around long.
Emma tried real hard to get the candy, but it wouldnt budge.Connor didnt have time to stand around and wait. He was outta there and headed for the slide!Cheese! So many presents...
Mmmm, CAKE!


We enjoyed this weekend so much. We really did nothing, and what could be better than that! I will admit it wasnt much of a lazy weekend, but I feel caught up now and are ready to go again. Today we went to our friend Emma's birthday party! She is the daughter of our friends Jon and Beth that I used to work for and Connor is lucky enough to get to see Caly (their other daughter) and Emma at Ms. Betty's. Actually if it hadnt been for Beth, I never would have known about Ms. Betty and I dont know where I would be if I hadnt! Connor had so much fun at the park! We just love those parties! So laid back. The kids are free to run around and play and
the adults can just sit back and watch. I only wish that Connor could have one of these parties, but it doesnt sound too appealing in the middle of December. We ate pizza, played on the slide, "watched" the other kids take a stab at the pinata, ate cake and watched Emma open her presents. I had such a good time seeing all of Beth's and Jon's families! Since I was very used to seeing them weekly when the store was in business, they became like my second family. I dont get to see them very often any more so it was great to catch up with them! Connor was amazed by all of the bigger kids and he truly tried to keep up. Happy Birthday Emma! I cant believe that it has been 4 years since Emma was born. I can remember the day she came, I waited at the hospital to see her after she was born, before I headed off to open "the store". I feel like that was just yesterday! Wow, before I know it Connor will be celebrating his fourth birthday as well and then headed off to school shortly after. I think I am going to cry just thinking about it. Gone to get a tissue... Bye for now!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Oh-we hated to miss the fun, but Mommom and Poppop were in town! We love you Emma! And -, thank you for introducing us to Connor and his mom and dad! We love them, too!!

Josh, Tanya, Trence & Tripp said...

I am loving Conner's hair!