Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's home improvement time again...

Sorry, I know it has been a while but we have been busy with projects around here, Brad has been traveling a lot the past 2 weeks and well..it is hard to do much blogging when you are chasing Connor around. Last weekend, we had planned on going to the UT/FL game but changed our plans to stay at home, conserve gas and start our deck addition. Let me just say that we are so GLAD we did because the game was not pretty! Thanks, Pops for the tickets- we really appreciate you going to the trouble of getting them for us. Hopefully we will be down real soon to go and see our Vols!
Ok, so we got a quote from the guys who built our fence and we were kind of shocked when they told us the price. SO, we decided that we would build it ourselves. Well, let me rephrase that- we helped my Dad build it. Since we have been homeowners, we have built a fence in our backyard (old house) and the pergola (also at the old house) or rather my Dad has built it and we have been his hired help. My family is great for just chipping in and helping us do these projects so we can save some money. Plus it is good family bonding time! LOL Dad came down on Saturday morning and they got a plan together and left to get the lumber. Another good thing about doing this now is that the price of lumber is down right now since building is slow. Brett, Hillary and Grandma came over later and Mom came down that night after work. Everyone was great and pitched right in. I was pretty impressed by the progress that we made last weekend. I am hoping that this weekend we can finish it up or at least put the decking boards on. The weather is supposed to be beautiful again, so it should be a good time to work on it and spend some time outside too!

Here are some pictures of our progress thus far. I can already envision it with the furniture. Brad told me not to get ahead of myself, since they weren't even finished framing it in when I was talking about it. Ha!

BEFORE


AFTER


Our subdivision was having their annual yard sale day on Saturday. Our neighbors across the street had lots of stuff to sale, so the kiddos decided to set up a lemonade stand. It was so cute! I wish I could have gotten a picture, but there were three little boys sitting behind the table all in their bike helmets. Aunt Hillary took Connor over to get some lemonade!

Nonna reading Connor a book that night. He loves it when people come to visit. It is so cute to see how excited he gets. He runs around showing off all of his toys. He kept bringing Nonna a big pile of books and toys, so Mom didnt have any choice but to play and read to him all night. I dont think she minded though...


Mom, Grandma, Brett, Hillary, and especially Dad- Thank you all so much for all of your help! We are so blessed to have such an incredible family and thank God for you all every single day!

2 comments:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Erik and I are getting quotes for putting put a fence. Who did you guys use? Were you happy with them?

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

I am sure the deck is going to look amazing...much better than if a contractor did it!!!