Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update on whats been going on around here...

I will admit I have been a little bit of a blog slacker lately... No real reasons to think of, we have just been busy on the weekends and enjoying our little rascal! It is so hard to believe that Connor is going to be 21 months tomorrow! In just 3 months we will be celebrating his 2 year birthday. You know me, I am already starting to think about what we will do for his big celebration. It will inevitably be a Mickey Mouse party since he is completely obsessed with this cute little Disney creature! He reads his Mickey and Donald Duck books day and night. He will just sit here on the couch and turn the pages over and over, pointing and saying all of their names. Mickey is "Pipey", Goofy is "Wewe", Pluto is "Toto", and Donald Duck is simply "Duck". At night Connor must go "night night" as he calls it with Mickey, Pooh, and Elmo "Melmo". He tells each of them, "night night" and gives them a kiss. I have to do the same. It is our little nightly ritual. Of course he must give a big kiss and a hug to DaDa first! Connor loves his Daddy that is for sure. He runs to him when he gets home for work and immediately wants to go outside and play in "Da Da's Twuck". His new obsession is playing in Brads truck. He would sit in there for hours if you would let him. We got out his Power Wheels Ford truck this past weekend and he learned quickly how to press the gas pedal. The steering will come with time, we hope! I havent gotten any pictures of this yet, but they will come. Everyone has a truck to Connor. Miss Betty's minivan is "Betty's twuck" and Mommy's SUV is "Mama's twuck". He is literally repeating anything you say now. I just taught him to say, "trick or treat" this morning and he has it down. He was pretty slow to start talking and saying a lot, but now he is really hilarious the things he says. Last week climbed on the couch beside me and said, "Wooo Baby!" Brad and I couldnt stop laughing. Now he says, "Bye Bye Baby" when he is walking out of the room. My favorite is that he says, "Please", and "Thank You Mama" all the time. He will bring me something like the basket of clothes that I should be folding and say, "Thank you Mama". He doesnt quite understand the concept yet, but it is so darn cute so I let it go. I cant believe how much he has changed just in 6 months. He is getting smarter by the day. We are truly enjoying this age, it is so much fun. He is our entertainment for sure. It is amazing how different your life becomes after you have had children. It is definitely different, but good different!
To give a little update on us, Brad is staying busy as always with work. We are so fortunate with the economy slowing down that Brads work load has not. Some weeks he is gone a lot, others we enjoy being together as a family every night. I am still enjoying being at home part time with Connor and it works out great for him because he gets to play with all of his friends at Ms. Betty's house. He still loves going there, but loves his days with him Mama too. We have so much fun together. On a bad note... I think that I broke my tailbone. Remember the fall down the stairs, well it still hurts pretty bad. Brad says I should go to the doctor, but as many of you other mothers know I dont have time for that. Plus, from what I have read about it there isnt much he can do anyway. Hopefully the pain will subside soon. I am loving this beautiful fall weather and am dying to go for a jog! Speaking of fall, it is my favorite season! I got out all of my fall decorations today. I cant wait to plant mums and decorate my porch this year. My summer flowers are still looking pretty good, so I think I will move them to the back deck to enjoy. Speaking of that, we are going to start working on the addition to the deck this weekend! We are so ready and excited to get it finished. It is definitely a hazard right now with Connor running around. I will put pictures up as soon as they are available.
Well, I think that is about it. I cant wait for the events of the next few months. As far as I am concerned fall and Christmas time are the best!

And here is another picture of the joy of our lives...

5 comments:

Tyler & Adrianne Kruse said...

Tara, always good to hear your stories. I will be praying for your tailbone. Ouch! Connor is precious! Love you, friend. Adrianne

Anonymous said...

i hope your tail gets better! i love this time of year too!! and don't you just want to freeze time at this age!?! I am loving it! love you!

Ashley said...

Fall and Christmas are also my favorite time of year!!

Betty said...

Oh- don't forget he also says "Whoa baby!" He is adorable and I am still amazed at how much he has grown! What happened to baby Connor? He is big boy Connor, now! I really think he is just about ready to be Big Brother! Hint Hint! Well..on to Fall, I love it, too! Fall is truly a gift from God! Oh...and jogging in the fall is so nice. I actually did it this morning and WOW! Now...you probably should see the Dr. about that tailbone if it still hurts. I know, I sound like such a mom, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Anyhoo.. I better tend to the children! Have a great weekend!!!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Ahh..I love to hear about what all Connor is doing, b/c I know we are close behind. I can't believe you are coming up on the big 2nd birthday! He is such a big boy now! I'm impressed with the potty training...he is so advanced! I hate to hear about the tailbone. I hope that it heals quickly. Your right, Moms just don't have time to be hurt or sick!