Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's Potty Time!

I am still amazed by how fast this is happening... This morning Connor came to me in the kitchen and said, "Poo Poo". I checked his diaper and sure enough he had went. I told him to tell me next time and we would go to the potty. Later today I went into the bathroom and he sat down in the potty and when I felt his diaper it was getting really warm, so I knew he had went. Well, tonight he went in there and sat down. I immediately ran in there took off his diaper and told him to go pee pee in the potty. He looked down and immediately a song started playing! (yes, our potty training toilet sings a tune for a reward- cheesy I know but pretty cool at the same time) Of course Brad and I went hysterical and Connor looked at us like we were nuts! We gave him a special treat even though it was almost bedtime so he knew that he had done something very special. I know there will probably be many set backs and it might take a while, but I am so excited and sad that Connor is getting to be such a big boy! Let the FUN begin!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Tara, I graduated with Brad,anyway I've been potty training Peyton for 4 months now. There will be set backs and moments of well maybe it's coming together. I ordered the free DVD from pullups.com which gives you lots of tips to use but you know your own child and what will work for best for him. Good luck!!!

Maranda said...

Well Congratulations to Connor!!!! Brody has pee peed in the potty a couple of times but only because he was about to go in the tub and I pulled him out quickly. But hey, he went!!! It is amazing how fast they are learning and doing new things. Keep us updated on Connor's progress.

Nikki said...

Way to go Connor, that is awesome! Hope Sailor catches on as easy when the time comes.

Allison said...

Congrats to Connor! Keep encouraging him and you will be diaper-free before you know it (it is fabulous) - then you can have another one and start all over like I did! HA!

Josh, Tanya, Trence & Tripp said...

I am sure I will be asking for advice when Trence starts this. So remember all the stuff that works for Conner!