Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm back!

Since we have been on vacation and trying to get back in the groove of things, I feel like it has been forever since I have posted anything on here. I know I did the last one and filled you all in on everything we did on our vacation. I want to apologize for it being so, so long! I seriously have a problem with trying not to give every little detail. Brad laughed when he saw my picture montage because at first, it was 15 minutes! And that still wasnt including all of the pictures that I took! I trimmed it down and it was 10. He told me there was no way anyone would sit through it and look at all of those pictures. I disagreed! I know I love looking at all of your pics, so I just assume everyone is like me. Probably not, but that is what I would like to think. LOL Well, thank you to all that commented and took the time to read the extremely long post and all of the pics. We truly did have an amazing vacation. I now feel like I have caught back up. I am finding that as I am getting older I have a problem with things not being finished and organized! I feel so out of sorts until I can get things back in order at home when we come back from a trip. I finally got the whole house cleaned and all of the clothes washed. I think I am starting to get a "Monica-like" personality! Hopefully it isnt that bad, but sometimes I have to tell myself to stop, slow down and let things just wait. I havent had much time to think about blogging lately because we got a major virus on our computer. Needless to say, we had to start over. We basically have a new computer now because it is like it just came from the factory again. I was so thankful that I was able to save all of my pictures that were on here! I have been pretty good about backing up Connors pics, but hadnt thought much about the others. The virus was pretty nasty. Even our spyware and virus software couldnt get it. Who comes up with these things is what I want to know? It just makes me angry. Find something else to do people!!! Anyway we are back up and running and I promise to have some new posts tomorrow. I would do them now, but to make a long story short I slipped on the top step and fell on my tail bone to the next one and OUCH! My bottom is so sore right now, I can hardly move from this spot on the couch. Ha! Thankfully I wasnt holding Connor. He was at the top of the steps and somehow managed to fall right behind me but I caught him. Whew! It has been a very eventful last few weeks. I also had to call Poison Control last weekend because he swallowed some parts of a dishwasher detergent tablet! Lets just say, the terrible twos have started at 20 months! Connor is a handful right now, but oh so much fun! I didnt think it could ever be this good. Well, bye for now!

5 comments:

carriehayes said...

hey girl! we have so much catching up to do! i miss you! love you! take care of that booty!

GrannieT said...

Uh-Oh-take care of yourself. Tell Brad he will be proud of Mom. My computer works now and I have my own email and google addresses. Love, No longer anonymouis

Heather Robinette said...

We have been through the virus attacks too! You never realize just how much you depend on a computer until something goes wrong and you don't have it! Message for Brad: we girls do love to watch slideshows and look through pictures...even on lengthy posts! By the way, there was one picture of Brad's dad that reminded me of a "dear old dad" post...I'm pretty sure he was sitting there asleep!

Betty said...

Ouch! I hope you are feeling better! I've done that fall. And it is not pretty!

And today I taught about Mary and Martha and let me just tell you, sometimes the "better" choice is just to stop, be still, and listen. Life gets so hectic, add a hubby, kids, work, hobbies, etc...we tend to lose out on the sweetness and simple things in life God wants us to savor and enjoy.Yet...I come home from my girl's night and start frantically picking up and see the "looks" on everyone's face as if I am a crazy mad woman! And- yes I WAS (a crazy mad woman) and just decided to stop and laugh about how I can teach one thing and turn around and be the exact opposite! What a mess I am! I am so exctied God never throws me out! And that my family is so forgiving!

Well, I hope that you savor Connor's terrible 2s at 20 months because they grow before you know it!

I also loved your Disney blog! I truly like reading people's stories that I actually know and care about!

Ok-gotta get to the family! See ya tomorrow!

Nikki said...

Tell Brad yes we all do like to see other peoples pictures! That is so funny you mentioned the poison control because I just ran across some stickers with the # you put on your phone. I think I will go ahead and stick them on there so they will be handy even though we are just one. By the way, hope your bum gets better!