Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FUN, FUN at Nonna and Grandy's house!

This weekend we had a surprise visit from Grannie and Pops on Saturday morning (sorry no pictures of this). We just hung out by the TV watching crazy Connor run around (literally) and watching the first half of the TN game. They left at half time and we got ready to go to Lebanon to visit with Nonna, Grandy, Uncle Brett and Aunt Hillary. Since Brett and Hillary are always busy (we like to give them a hard time about this but they are VERY busy) we decided to hang out at Mom and Dad's and spend the night. We always have such a good time at Christmas when we do this, so we decided that we needed to do it more often. Mom fixed a fabulous meal as always... Chicken Parmesan and NY style Cheesecake for dessert! I am still full thinking about it. We pretty much did nothing while we were there. It was great! The outside pictures were taken on Sunday when Ike came into town. You can tell that everyone was a little wind blown. What does our family decide to do during a tropical storm... why play baseball of course! How silly we must have looked. Connor had a great time doing what he does best these days- running! You will notice that I dont have many good pictures of Connor these days. There is a reason. He simply will not be STILL. LOL I love it though, he has such a great time with the simplest of things. Thanks for the great weekend everyone. We love spending time with all of our family!

Since I forgot to pack a bib and we were having spaghetti for dinner, Mom got out Connors art smock. Also, notice the shoes! He got some Chuck Taylors from An Am and Pete while we were in FL. Arent they adorable!
Connor making Birdie very uncomfortable. She just doesnt know what to think about Connor. Too much activity I think!

Here is Grandy trying to show Connor that a baseball bat is very different from a golf club.
Are we crazy or what? The wind was pretty bad and here we are throwing small hard objects in the air...I told ya he liked to run...

3 comments:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

So cute...you weren't joking about the wind. Love the bottom pic with Connor sticking out his tongue. Gotta love toddlers! RE: pics...Brock's newborn pics were taken in NC before we moved back...we did 6 months and 1 year with Amanda Logan in Thompson Station and were happy (just takes a little long for pics sometimes). 2 yr pics were taken (this is funny...) at Kiddie Kandids in Babies R Us in Fl. Hope this helps :)

Wadsworth Family- said...

I love this age too! Lake's Mamaw and Papaw are planning his birthday party in Tennessee this year; more details to come, maybe ya'll can make it. I love the picture of Birdie, I still remember when Wyatt, Brett and went to get her, she was was in such bad shape....She looks very happy now! Amanda

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Sounds like a fun filled Family weekend! Those are always the best!