Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Connor's 2nd Birthday Party!

I cant believe that Connor will be two next week! It seems impossible to believe. I am sorry I am late posting these, but I was up till midnight addressing Christmas cards last night and figured those were a bigger priority to get out right now. We had a wonderful celebration for Connor this year- of course it was a Mickey party! Connor is still hooked on the mouse and it is all he talks about. Handy Manny comes in a strong second as he loves him too. We had quite the crew for his party and Brad and I are already talking about having his party at another location next year! That is the bad thing about having a winter birthday, there arent a whole lot of options. Chuck E Cheese or Pump It Up are calling my name next year! Thank you to all who came to spend your day to help us celebrate! Connor had a great time and got many great gifts. My house looks like a train wreck at the moment as he has pulled them all out. Probably his most favorite toy is the Craftsman tool bench that An Am and Uncle Pete got him. He loves the drill! Me- not so much. It has a dental office vibe if you know what I mean!! I already told Brad to tell Amanda that payback is coming as soon as I have a niece or nephew. Ha! My favorite toy is probably the toy box that Mom got him. Now I finally have a place for all of these toys and it helps to make my living room a little more tidy. The chair he got from Aunt Janice and Monroe is also exceptionally nice and means a lot since it came from their own sweat and hard work! Those gifts are always the best! Thanks to everyone- Connor really does love everything he got. Here are some pictures of the party and sorry there are so many. I didnt feel like being choosy so I just included them all. I cant believe that my baby is turning 2!!! I continue to love this age, he is becoming quite comical with his growing vocabulary! I have to tell this funny story, to start Connor has been talking about his Pipey party for a while. Pipey is what he calls Mickey, in case you didnt already know. Well, the other day Connor was in his bath and I was in the closet getting a towel when I looked at him he was looking down at you know what. I said, Connor are you pee-peeing and he looked up at me, smiled and said and I quote, "I'm having a Pee Pee party!" I of course died laughing! The things they come up with...


My first attempt at a Mickey birthday cake. I saw this online and was like, I can do that. No special cake pans, just a round 9" and two small round pans for ears. It took 3 hours but it was worth it to see Connor's sweet face when he saw it!
His first birthday gift from Rebecca that Brad and I work with. It was so sweet of her to think of him!
He loves his new tractor!


Here is a video of Connor "working"! You will understand after watching this.

11 comments:

Wadsworth Family- said...

I love the cake, you did a really great job! Tell Connor, Lake says Happy Birthday!

Betty said...

That was an AWESOME party! I CAN"T believe he is almost 2 either!!!!
What is going on????

Lindsey said...

Tara that cake is AwESOME! You did so good :) Happy Birthday little Connor man!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Connor! I can't believe that you made that cake! It's incredible!

Ashley said...

I can't believe you made that cake, very impressive!

Ashley said...

I can't believe you made that cake, very impressive!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

I like the pic of you with the goggles on best! I am glad that he likes that work bench. Funny, it is for 4yrs old+ and he has it mastered!

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

I LOVE all of the pictures! It looks like you all had a blast! I am just so sad that I didn't get to be there this year! The cake is amazing!!! I am guessing Connor enjoyed this cake much more than the one from last year! HA! I miss yall!

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

I am SO impressed with the cake! I just call Publix :) Wish we could have gone. Brock passed his yuck onto Brody now..fun! We will drop Connor's present by when we are feeling better over here :) Wish we could have gone. Brock would have thought the Mickey cake was AWESOME!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

YAY! I can't believe you just had his 2nd bday party...crazy! I LOVE the cake...you are so talented. It looks amazing. Are you free in June to come do Kiley's? Looks like yall had a great time. Wish we could have been there to help celebrate!

Owings Family said...

Happy Birthday Connor! What a fun video of him working! Can't wait to see what you get Aunt Am and Pete's 1st child as payback!