Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Meeting Mr. Clause and "the others"

Last Saturday the Spring Hill Chamber of Commerce had Santa and his friends held up at a local bank so that all of the kids come and visit and get a picture for only $5! It was really great because they emailed it to us and we can use it how we wish. Much better than the rip off at the mall where you get a picture, a grumpy Santa and have to buy a package of pictures for $20 that are really worth about $3! We did have one little issue... the photographer emailed all of the pictures out on Monday, unless you had gotten a CD and when mine arrived it was of another family! I was kind of worried that I might not ever get the right one, but he was very nice and got it straightened out in a few days. I was pretty excited because I read in the paper that a Snowman, Gingerbread man and Mrs. Claus was going to be there. Connor loves snowmen, you know the blow up ones that everyone has outside. Well, much to my surprise this was not the cute and cuddly Frosty that we are all used to. I was getting Connor out of the car to go inside and Brad said, "Oh My, there is the snowman." Well I turned around and literally jumped! He scared ME to death. Needless to say, Connor spent the whole time while we were in line clinched to my coat with his head down because the snowman was right behind us the whole time. He kept saying, "I dont like the snoman, Mommy!" Even as we pulled into the driveway at home he wanted to make sure that we knew he DID NOT like the snowman. Ha! We tried to get a picture with him, but Connor started screaming so we decided this might not be a good idea since the only pic we really wanted was with Santa. I thought this might actually make it easier to get a picture with Santa since he wasnt nearly as scary but he didnt really care for him either. That is why I am also in the picture. Brad had dressed for us to get a family photo but we felt so rushed and the photographer got only Connor and I. He told us to come back later and he would spend more time with us when it wasnt so busy. Ummm, apparently he hasnt had kids in a while because getting Connor back out and standing in line again with a 2 year old didnt seem like such a great idea to me! Ha! The picture isnt that great, but isnt that what Santa pictures are all about... Looking back at them and remembering how your kids were scared silly. LOL Enjoy!


The Gingerbread Man had either been in the oven too long, or maybe not long enough! He was kind of sad. Connor is keeping a watch out for the abominable snowman!
and here HE IS! Told ya he was scary.

Connor enjoying his candy cane in the backseat and making his "funny faces" for his Daddy.

Here is the other one that Connor and Mommy like to make together!

2 comments:

Kandi said...

Your right, that snowman is scary looking, creepy. That is an awesome deal on pics. I have not yet ventured to the mall to wast e $20 yet. Keira is terrified of Santa and it is probably just a waste of my time and money to try

The Davis Family said...

That snowman looks like the Easter Bunny costume with his ears hiding under the hat!! Totally creepy!