Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Our new friend, Piper!

So most of you have probably heard of "Elf on the Shelf". If not, let me explain... It is a elf that you can buy and I am pretty sure that it comes with a book, anyway he moves from place to place in the house and keeps watch on the kiddos to make sure that they stay on Santa's "good" list! I had heard of this and thought it was a great idea. Today when I went to Mom's tea room, I saw this little guy and thought he was just so cute! Mom agreed that he would make the perfect addition to our family around the holidays so ... I brought him home and named him "Piper". I explained this to Connor and how he had better be a good boy so Santa would bring him lots of goodies because Piper would be watching to give Santa a full report! He pointed to him and now calls him "Diaper". Ha! Oh well, it is pretty close. I am pretty sure that this will be something to laugh out for years to come. Brad thinks that Piper is a bit scary and is not too sure about the concept, but I love it! I think this will be a great tradition to start! Here he is on the entry way table...

Then he moved to the mantle, since Connor usually spends most of his time in here. Doesnt he look so real?!



6 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

I think I have to agree with Brad, he's kinda creepy looking!!! he looks SOOO real....like a little man just sitting there!! I love the concept though...I think i might have to get one and start that when Isaiah gets older!

Betty said...

Yeah...it does look a little tooo real. Not sure what to think??? Hey...but if it works then... Yeah! But...still not sure if he will be visiting my house :0)!

Mr. and Mrs. Reckard said...

He is scary! Poor Connor ha ha!

GrannieT said...

Well, just hide the little guy when we come to visit. He looks too real.

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Aww...I think that is a great idea. I like that you made it your own instead of buying the same elf everybody else has. We did look at those elf of the shelf the other day. I think we might start it next year. Anything to make them more aware of their actions! :)

The Clifton Family said...

Ok, that is almost a little scary. But, if it works, I will buy one for each room in our house! ha!