Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Wonderland!

It has been another whirlwind of a week! Yesterday we had our annual office Open House and our Christmas party was last night. The weather didnt seem to cooperate very well. It has been raining for two straight days and yesterday morning there was a horrible wreck with one fatality, and a few others along the day on interstate 65 that had the interstate shut down for some time. There were a few people who were stuck in it for over 4 hours. Needless to say we had only about a third of the people we expected to show up for our Open House. I was watching the weather all day to make sure that all was clear last night. We had planned on leaving work, picking up Connor, driving to Lebanon to drop C off at my parents, head downtown for dinner, back to Lebanon and back home again. For those of you who dont live here, that is quite a trek. About an hour out of the way, one way. Let me just say that the weather men missed this one big time! We left work about 4 to get on the road and when I got to our subdivision so I could change clothes, the ground was getting covered. As we are driving to pick up Connor the roads were turning white. Then after we picked him up and got back on the road to head to Lebanon we hear that there are wrecks on the bypass so we head another way and traffic was slowing to 20 miles per hour so it wasnt looking good. I know that everyone makes fun of the way that we handle snow in the South, but it really was coming down. It was most people would call a "white out". You could hardly see right in front of you. We called one guy in our office to ask what he thought about it and he didnt even know it was snowing. This is how fast it all hit. By the time we got to the interstate we probably had about 2 or more inches of snow on the ground. We had to make a split decision and decide whether or not to chance being super late to the party because going to Mom and Dad's was going to take a while OR take him to the "adult only" Christmas party OR just go home. After talking to the boss and several other people we decide to just take him with us and make the best of it. I was afraid it was going to be a disaster because we werent prepared, I had one juice box, no snacks, no toys, etc. Connor ended up being the best behaved little boy and everyone was very impressed! I was so proud! We had a great time and despite the weather there were only two people from the office who didnt come. The funny thing was that Nashville didnt get ANY snow and when we were telling the people who lived north of town they almost didnt believe us when we told them. It was a little tricky getting home. SR 840 was icy, so I was a little worried. We made it fine but saw several people who werent so lucky. Everything was so beautiful! It was a very wet snow which stuck to the trees and made it very pretty! I tried taking many pics from the car of all of the trees and pretty landscape but they didnt turn out because the flash wouldnt go that far. I took some when we got home and you could tell that the kids had already been out as there were several snowmen. We let Connor enjoy it for a few minutes before going to bed. This morning we got up and headed straight out because I saw the sun peaking through and you know what that means. The clock was ticking... We had a great time playing with the neighbors. I think that Brads old snowsuit fit Connor much better this year! Almost perfect!! Enjoy the pictures from our day!


This is what it was doing when we left our house on our way to the party.


I thought the neighbors snowman was great, so I had to take a pic.Daddy measuring to see how much we got!Connor was very curious to see the white stuff.


Click to play It Snowed!

8 comments:

Kandi said...

Beautiful snow! We didn't get anything. Glad to hear you all made it safely driving and that Connor was so great at the party

Betty said...

Love the smilbox! Nico was happy to see Connor in the snow, too, like him he says!

What a Party! Way to go Connor!
Santa should bring a little extra this year for good behavior!

Love,
Ms.Betty

Tabitha said...

Sean and Matthew had a little snowball fight this a.m. It was pretty while it lasted. I'm sure we will have more though since winter is just getting started!

Denira Baird Williams said...

I am soooo jealous!!!

Wadsworth Family- said...

I'm so jealous! Dad predicts Lake will see his first snow when we come home for Christmas; I hope he's right!

carriehayes said...

WOW!!! we didn't get any! it looks beautiful! i am glad you made it to your party and that Connor was a good boy!

Nikki said...

I am soooo jealous. I don't think it is possible that Rockwood can get snow anymore! Your house is so pretty with the snow on it.

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How pretty! It has been years since I have seen snow! I hope Ki can see it sometime soon! I am so jealous!