Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tea with Mrs. Clause

Today I spent the day helping my Mom working at the tea house. They had reservations for little girls ages 5-10 for a tea with Mrs. Clause. It was so cute seeing all of the little girls in their cute Christmas dresses and sipping tea (well really hot chocolate, and apple juice cider!) They got to spend their time talking to Mrs. Clause about Santa, what they wanted for Christmas, and all of the Christmas chores that Mrs. Clause has to tend to. She was very tired and needed her rest from doing all of the laundry,cooking, and cleaning for the elves and Santa too! The girls had a really good time and I took their pictures individually having tea with her at the end. Too bad, I didnt get any of me, or Hillary. We were so pooped after the tea and from cleaning up that I didnt feel like posing. Ha! I will have to say that doing this made me want a little girl all the more. Maybe someday...

Click to play Tea with Mrs. Clause

4 comments:

The Davis Family said...

That is the cutest idea I have ever seen! I would have loved that when I was a little girl!

Betty said...

How fun!

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

The pictures are so cute! I am sure that they had so much fun!!! The Tea Room looks beautiful decorated for Christmas!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

What a great idea and how fun that you got to help out! Wish I could have been there too. I would have loved to hear some of the cute things the little girls were saying to Mrs. Claus! Love the pictures!