Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Who has the best husband ever?

I guess that would be ME! Whose husband gives his wife diamonds on HIS birthday? I guess that would be mine! The story goes that we sold some of our gold (you know that 80's coin panda bear ring, and the big rope chains- ha!). When we were in the jewelry store, I of course was eyeing all of the beautiful rings in the case and saw a ruby ring that I loved! Brad gave me a ruby and diamond ring when we were dating and I dont wear it because for reason number one- it is too small, and reason two it is yellow gold and I dont wear it at all now. It had an oval stone and it was exactly the same size as mine except it had a white gold (antique like setting). She said that I could remove the stone and diamonds, sell the gold, and have it put in the new setting. Anyways, I told Brad that it looked like a great Christmas present! He said that he had already gotten my present, and he wanted to give it to me early in case I wanted to return it and get this ring made instead. I REALLY didnt want to open them since I LOVE surprises, especially when it is on Christmas morning! He kept telling me this for a couple of weeks until finally on his birthday I thought well maybe he is right- so I took his advice and this is what I got....





Not only did he get me the beautiful diamond ring, but he also got me 1 carat diamond stud earrings! Did he do good or what?

NOTE: I just noticed that the best husband in the world added this picture and the comment above last night when I wasnt looking! He said that he couldnt see the earrings from the picture and wanted to make sure that everyone got an up close and personal picture of them!


Here is a close up of the ring (and my crooked pinky), since the other picture doesnt do it justice. So I ask, who has the best husband in the world? I think I do!!! Sure I wont have anything to open on Christmas day, but now I can show off my gifts at all of those Christmas parties! Oh yeah, we arent going to any Christmas parties. Ha! Thanks sweetie, you know I LOVE YOU!

Thanks Brad- he also added the little snip it about my crooked pinky! For all of you Rockwood folks, I have Dr.Evans to thank for this. I broke my pinky trying to field a line drive at 3rd base and it never healed quite right. I kept telling them it had to be broke...

7 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

He did an awesome job!!!!! That ring is beautiful!

Betty said...

Way to go Brad!!!! I think someone deserves husband of the century award!!! I can't wait to see it in person!!!

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

Beautiful!!! That is so exciting!

Ashley said...

That is gorgeous, I LOVE the split shank band!

Lindsey said...

wow those are both gorgeous!!!

The Davis Family said...

Beautiful! Can never go wrong with diamonds!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is awesome! You do have a great hubby! He did so great! I know that you are proud to show them off...they are GORGEOUS!!!