Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fun Times with Family











This weekend Connor's Grannie, Poppa, An Am, Great Uncle Brian, and Great Aunt Benita came to visit us! The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed the day catching up on the patio. This was the first time that Brian and Benita have visited us since we moved to our house. They enjoyed the trip, as they used to live in Columbia twenty years back. We drove there for lunch and they got to see their house and apartment that they had while living there. They couldnt believe how much Spring Hill had grown since it was only farmland when they were here. Poppa enjoyed holding Connor on the swing, however he didnt much care for Connor's hat. However, I know it will make his Grandy very proud! Go Yankees!


Connor's Grannie, Poppa and An Am brought him lots of new toys to play with! Thank you to all of you! Connor is loving the Rainforest musical for his crib and the singing mouse!


Here are some pictures from the weekend. Notice the one with them in their convertibles. We thought this was funny. Brad actually said, "Hey, this is backwards. Shouldnt the youngsters be in the convertibles?" LOL!

10 comments:

Darby said...

The pictures are great! Connor's expressions are too cute! I love your shirt and earrings...finally you can wear your new spring/summer shirts!

Lindsey said...

Love Connor's hat :)

Tara said...

Darby- Thanks! I am so glad the weather is getting warmer and I can wear some of my new clothes! Yeaahh!
Lindsey- Thanks! My Mom found this in NY. It is a fitted New Era hat, like the pros wear!

Denira Baird Williams said...

Hey tara,
Of course i remember you. i've been checking your page, i found it off Darby's. i love looking at the pictures of Connor. He's sooo cute!!! that's awesome that my baby is due the same time as Connor was born. You'll have to give me all your tips!! Holly lives in Florida now and is married with 2 step children. i don't have her new email address, but i called her and left her a message to get it. i'll pass it along as soon as i have it!!! It was great hearing from you!

Anonymous said...

I had a blast and miss you all already. You are all very dear to me... Could not ask for a better family!

Denira Baird Williams said...

Hey....holly's email address is hbvaughn2@yahoo.com i'm sure she'd love to hear from you!

Tara said...

Denira- Thanks so much! I will be glad to give you all the tips that I have! I hope you are feeling well. Thanks so much for getting her email address for me! That is awesome! I cant wait to hear from her, its been like forever. Take care! I will be checking your blog for future info! Love, Tara

Katie said...

Connor is such a cute little man. He is adorable. I love the convertible and Thompson Family pictures. Take care.

Anonymous said...

The NY hat looks soooo cute on my little Connor. Sometime we need to get a picture of the whole Yankee family. Post that one on, blow it up and send it to Ronnie! LOL...... Nonna

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! We're still talking about the wonderful time we had. Connor is so precious even when he is in Yankee mode. Ronnie is looking for John Deere and fishing caps! The convertibles are our midlife crises. You young folks can certainly borrow mine anytime.
Love you all! Grannie