Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Problem solved!










I cant believe it, but the solution to my problem for getting things done in the kitchen has been in a box upstairs in my attic all along! One word- HIGHCHAIR! We put it together on Sunday night because Connor was going to the doctor today for his 4 month checkup and he can start eating baby food this month. I had read that it was a good idea to get them used to the seat before you start feeding him to make the transition easier. Connor LOVES his new viewpoint! It must be frustrating to always look up at everyone, so I can imagine how exciting it is for him to be at the same level as us. Yesterday I put Connor in his new seat and I got 2 loads of laundry folded, the dishwasher emptied and some dishes washed! WOW! I cant tell you how long it has been since I have gotten that many things accomplished without an interruption!




Connor was also introduced to something else new this week- the jumpster (or jumperoo as most people know them). He still has some growing to do to use it properly but for now he enjoys being able to stand without any assistance and investigating the kitchen and laundry room. Since our house is very open, it is the only door frame on this side of the house. I hope he doesnt get bored with this location because I dont want to have to sit in the hallway to watch him jump for hours later on. He had so much fun with it on Sunday night as well.




I cant believe it but Connor was 4 months yesterday! Wow, where is the time going? He is so much fun these days! He got a great report from the ped. today. She said that he is very healthy and looks great! She was amazed that I havent been in to see her except for his checkups every two months. His weight is a whopping 15 pounds and 6 ounces, his height is 25 inches! He is in the 75th percentile for weight, 50th for height, and 50-75th for his head measurement. She was very surprised at how social and strong he is for his age. He just talked and laughed the whole time at her during the exam. I did learn a lot while I was there though. She said that he should only be eating one time during the night, which is very far from what he is doing now. Last night I was up 4 times before 5 am! It is getting exhausting and she said that he should be starting to sleep through the night. She gave me a handout for tips to teach him to self soothe himself at night but it might take 1-2 weeks for this take effect. Pray for me to have patience because I am afraid that I am in for some CRYING the next few nights. I have to work tomorrow and it is going to be hard since I have been so sleep deprived this week. However, she said it is time for him to get on a sleeping schedule and I dont need to nurse him to sleep or he will depend on it every time he wakes up. This makes total sense now, I dont know why I was never told sooner. Oh well, gotta start somewhere I guess. Well sorry for the long post! Have a great week!

8 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Wow! Yall sure do have a lot going on! I sure am getting a lot of information from your blog! Thanks for letting me learn from you!

Lindsey said...

Dont apologize for long blogs... us fellow bloggers love them :)

Kimberly said...

Hey Tara! I'm a friend of Darby's and my daughter Chloe is about two weeks older than Connor so I really enjoy reading your blog. He is adorable and I'm jealous of all his hair! About this sleeping through the night thing . . . I'm right there with you. We've had our nights where we have made it between 8-10 hours, but those are few and far between. We're usually up two to three times every night. Do you mind sharing some of the tips your doctor gave you?

Anonymous said...

tara! yay for you! Connor looks so cute in all his new places! i need to know what your doctor recommends as well!

Anonymous said...

He is such a little man! I'm so thankful that you are having some time to do things. Have I told you how much we love this little guy?? Thank you for the gift!
Love, Grannie and Pops

Darby said...

I'm so glad that Connor is enjoying his jumpster! He looks like such a big boy in his high chair...it makes me sad...he's growing way too fast! Love yall!

Tara said...

Thanks guys for all of the sweet comments! I am going to try and do a post real soon about the tips I got from my doctor about the sleeping patterns, since I have had so many people interested! Love, Tara

Anonymous said...

hey guys, i can't believe how much he has grown and how adorable he is. as far as the sleeping; it's tough but "this too shall pass". just try to rest as much as you can.
love you all
benita, brian and rachel