Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, July 13, 2007

So many changes...








Last night I was sitting there watching Connor play and I couldnt believe how much he has changed in such a short period of time. He is definitely ALL BOY! As Brad and I were eating our dinner (fine dining on the coffee table) Connor was making lots of "racket" on his exersaucer with his toys. Brad looked at me and said, "Do girls play like this too?" Well, I am no expert, but with my experience I have never seen any girls play as rough as he does. Connor loves to bang his toy keys or rattles against anything he sees and usually it cracks against his own head and it doesnt even seem to phase him! He also loves to spit, belch loudly, and does his own fair share of expelling gas (aka- farting as we know it)! Here is a list of some of the new things that Connor is doing now.


  1. Screaming at the top of his lungs (he especially likes to do this in quiet places or the grocery store)



  2. Sitts up on his own (we still keep the boppy handy in case he decides to topple over)



  3. Watches Sesame Street (and loves it!)



  4. Looks at his imaginary friend (lately Connor will go cross eyed staring at something in particular in thin air, we have yet to name the mysterious being!)



  5. Sips from a sippy cup ( I say sips because he still hasnt mastered this quite yet)



  6. Eats like a champ! (Real food for lunch and dinner)



  7. Army crawls (he isnt really crawling yet, but he brings his knees under him and crawls a few inches with his arms)



  8. Rolling over, and over and over



  9. Into everything he can get his hands on! (this week he has become especially curious about everything I am holding and that is near him, his favorite the remote control!)



  10. Chuckles at his Daddy (his Dad is proud to be the ONLY one that can get Connor to laugh out loud, oh and Cooper too!)



  11. Reaches for us ( Connor now holds out his arms to reach for us when he is upset, it is so sweet!)



  12. Sleeps in till late morning( this can be a good and bad thing. Good because I can get some things done while he is still snoozing, Bad because it is a result of him not sleeping during the night.)

That is all I can think of right now, although I am sure there are many more. Connor will be 7 months old next week and I am already starting to miss my baby! Dont worry, there wont be any more on the way just yet!


Here are some pics from last night. NOTICE: the drool on his shirt. He will have some teeth any day now!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Tara,

I am reading your post and looking at Connor and I can't beleive he is almost 7 months. It's amazing how time flies these days. As usual he always looks happy and so grown up. I am sure that you guys are incredibly busy just trying to keep up with him! From reading through all of your recent posts it sounds like you've had a busy couple of weeks, with the house. I know things will work out perfectly for you guys. If it makes you feel any better Mick and I would give our left arms for your house and back yard! We were laughing at how our apartment senior year at UT is bigger than our condo and it had a washer/ dryer. I didn't know how good we had it then!! Thanks for the Birthday shout out. I don't know how you even have time to remember between working and keeping up with Connor, Brad and Cooper! Love and miss you guys!!

Tara said...

Court,
I know, I cant believe it either! I definitely feel old now because days seem like minutes! We are busy, but on the other hand we spend all of our time keeping up with Connor that we dont do much else.
Dont worry about your housing accomodations, you will have your big house soon enough with Mickeys salary!
I hope you have a great day! Love you and miss you too!

Tara

Anonymous said...

Hi! Remember how Connor was sitting on my island last weekend, reaching behind him for everything! He is a talented young fella!
Courtney, I can't imagine living in NYC! I was there a year or so ago for a short vacation and was on sensory overload the entire time! It has to be amazing to live there. You are just trading the small living space for all that culture! See ya! Grannie (Brad's mom)

Anonymous said...

I love that he has an imaginary friend! Do you remember Darby had an imaginary friend she called "Boy"? Maybe Boy has moved in with Connor. I wondered what happened to him!

Anonymous said...

Tara,
What a great update! Connor is doing so well!!! It is amazing how much they grow and learn in one year! Hayden is going to love playing with Connor...they can bang the day away! We need to take the boys to see Court in NYC! Now wouldn't that be a great memory!!! Love you!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I cannot believe he is already 7 months!!! Time flies by so fast!! I love all of these updates, it helps me know what to expect from Kiley and when!!

Darby said...

Connor is growing so fast! I need to see you all soon! It is amazing to see how much he changes just between posts! I love and miss yall!

Anonymous said...

He is growing so fast Tara. Tell Brad Kaitlyn is rough just like Connor. Must be part of the infant stage although I am sure he is a little more rough being a boy.She has always made as much noise as possible and banged her toys on the window and anything else she can manage, so far she only does this at home. At least you get to look forward to a time when you will have another one. Matthew still tells me no.