Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Whew...busy weekend







Sunday we stopped by Nonna and Grandy's on the way home for a nice homecooked meal and homemade birthday cake for ME! The cake was awesome, Mom! Thank you so much everyone for my gifts! Brad and Connor gave me a computer software program to do scrapbooking. That is something I have been wanting since I have come to the fact that I will never find time to do any "real" scrapbooking any time soon. Grannie, Poppa and An Am gave me an Ann Taylor giftcard! That is my all time favorite clothing store! Mom and Dad gave me lots of $$$! It is exciting to think of what I will spend it on. Something for the new house, no doubt. Brett and Hillary gave me (guess) another Ann Taylor gift card! Yaahhhh! I will get to do lots of sale shopping soon! I love when my birthday falls because you can always find great sales- clearance on summer and fall sales for back to school!


We enjoyed spending some time with Uncle Brett and Aunt Hillary, Aunt Linda, Uncle Ron, and of course Grandy and Nonna. Connor also had a great time at his Grannie and Poppa's! Thank you guys for taking such good care of him on Friday and Saturday night! An Am- thank you too! Connor just loves spending time with you all!


Here are some pictures of Connor playing with his new race car toy with his Grandy. Thank you- Brian, Benita, and Rachel! Connor LOVES his new toy!!! That was very sweet of you guys! There are also some pictures of Hillary helping Connor take some of his first steps. He loves you so much Hillary!

7 comments:

Darby said...

Connor is growing so much! I can't believe he is practicing his first steps!!! I miss yall!

Lindsey said...

and a happy birthday to you!!!

Courtney said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Happy Belated Birthday! I must say Tara that I love your hair in your reunion pictures, it's very Katie Holmes looking. Some people just have great hair and Tara you are definetly one of the lucky ones! Enjoy splurging at Ann Taylor and please please please post pictures of your new home once you get a chance. I am so happy that you guys found what you were looking for. I will be praying for ya'll. Love and miss ya'll!

Brett&Hillary said...

And I love him so much too!!! He is grow-up so fast!! It is so hard to think of him when he was a new baby, without looking at his pictures...

He will be walking before you know it!!!! His little legs are already so strong!!!

He is such a GREAT Nephew!!!

Tara said...

I know Darby, I cant believe that he will be walking very soon! Court- Thanks for the card! I do like my hair, it is so much easier to take care of right now! I wish I looked like Katie Holmes!! Ha! I will post some pictures of the house when I get a chance! Thanks for the prayers! love yall!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us have Connor for so long this weekend. I can never get over how fast he is growing and changing. AnAm is crazy about the little guy, as are we. You guys are doing a great job with him. The house will sell quickly, you're just taking one of those steps of faith and everything will be fine. Love you all, Grannie & Pops

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How fun...hope you had a great birthday!!