Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, July 9, 2007

Summer Days







Here are some pictures from this weekend at Grannie and Poppa's at the lake. Connor had lots of fun playing with his cousin Kaitlyn and spending time in the water (mostly the pool because Connor still isnt fond of the lake). Doesn't he look precious in his board shorts?!

6 comments:

Darby said...

Connor looks too cute and so much older! Someone needs to warn him about riding in the back of a wagon...maybe I need to share my experience! Ha Ha!

Tara said...

Ha Ha Darby! I didnt even think about that. I am sure that his Aunt Darby will tell him about her being dumped out of a wagon by his Mommy very soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I have been showing off all the new pics at work. Everyone is greatly impressed with my grandbaby, my GREAT niece and my family. Aren't we blessed??? Love you all, Grannie

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How precious! I cannot wait to get Kiley out in the sun...you know me I'm dying to start working on her tan...just kidding! I know that yall are having a great summer though!! Keep those pics coming!

Anonymous said...

hey sorry it took me so long to write, but i found out a little information about that stuff that the doc had prescribed for your little man. i'm not claiming to be a pharmacist, far from it, but that cream has what is called a "corticosteroid" in it and with connor being so little, it's not a good idea to use it too much. it all has to do with body mass and distribution and the absorption. it also is made up of things that you can buy over the counter, such as mineral oil, petrolatum (vaseline) and hydrocortisone.
there's also a really good topical cream that you can buy otc, it's called DML Forte Cream, it comes in a 4 oz tube and may cost about 10 to 15 dollars. If what connor is experiencing is just contact dermatitus, then this would be a really good thing to try. If he continues to break out when cooper licks him, you can use benadryl and that should calm the reaction down, but it will make him kinda drowsy. I'm sure you know that though.
I can order that cream for you if you want, but if you are ready to try it now, you can go the pharmacy and ask them to order it for you. The NDC number for it is 00096-0720-04, they should be able to look it up by that and order it.
Also, my pharmacist said to try the Aveeno line of body products, the lotions, oatmeal etc, it will help to keep his skin mosturized and hopefully that will take care of the issue.
like i said when you guys were down, i don't really understand why they prescribed him that with him being so little, but i'm not a doctor, but i'm definitely willing to help you with any questions that you may have concerning any type of medication, if i don't know, i've got 2 really darn good sources of information that i can ask.
i love you all, let me know if you want me to order that for you and if any of this information helps you out.
we'll see you at the reunion!
Jennifer

Tara said...

Thanks Jennifer! I will look into getting some of that stuff! I am not sure why the doctor prescribed that either. I had just been using otc hydrocortisone and they said it was time to use something a little stronger since it wasnt clearing it up. I dont know why Connor has so many skin issues, none of us do. I guess he got it from his aunt Amanda. Thanks for all of you help and info! I will see you at the reunion!

Tara